The Activity Center in Santa Monica is seeking enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals to help with weekend birthday parties, special events, spring break/summer camps.
Are you a teacher, former counselor. . .or just someone who LOVES working with children ages 6 to 13?
This could be the ideal job for you!
Previous experience teaching school age children and proximity to Santa Monica is preferred.
All positions are hourly, beginning at $16/hour.
***MUST BE ABLE TO PASS BACKGROUND & FINGERPRINT CHECK.
Please email resume and cover letter and feel free to include any questions. No phone calls, please.
We can't wait to meet you!
THE ACTIVITY CENTER
3200 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90404
DO YOU WANT TO GET PAID TO PLAY?
DO YOU WANT TO WORK WITH A LOVING AND SUPPORTIVE TEAM?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PROGRESSIVE SCHOOL?
THEN SEND US YOUR RESUME!
AND AN AWESOME PERSONALITY
WE ARE LOCATED NEAR THE HOLLYWOOD AND WESTERN METRO STATION
Job Title: On-Site Camp Director
Job Location: UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
Job Hours: M-F, 8 am - 6 pm
Job Dates:June 15 - August 21, 2020
Lavner Camps is seeking an energetic seasonal Camp Director to oversee all camp operations at our summer technology camp at UCLA. Are you looking for a job where you can make a positive difference helping kids discover their passion? Do you have excellent leadership skills and experience working with children? If so, apply today!
WHY JOIN LAVNER CAMPS AND CAMP TECH REVOLUTION?
The world's #1 summer enrichment camp, Lavner Camps offers camps nationwide specializing in STEM, Technology, Sports, and The Arts. By embracing the concept that kids should love what they do and have the opportunity for hands-on learning, we create cutting-edge camp experiences featuring top-notch curricula that are led by the highest quality summer staff and the industry's best full-time summer camp leadership team.
Are you a natural born leader? Do you have strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills? Are you responsible and motivated? If so, apply today!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that this position would be a great fit for you, please fill out our quick mobile-friendly application so we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information on our summer camps and locations, please visit lavnercamps.com.
Director of Construction
Operations Area: California / Florida / Texas / Colorado / North Carolina / Georgia / Tennessee
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Subordinates: Project Managers, General Superintendents, Superintendents, Assistant
Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (some days may require more than 8 hours, some weeks may require additional workdays). May be required to attend industry/company functions outside of normal business hours.
The Director of Construction is responsible for overseeing all construction operations within the location department. Superior leadership skills are critical in overseeing the field crews in the Operations Department. The Director will represent Camp to the customers with the highest level of competence and professionalism.
The Director must communicate with other Camp employees, vendors, subcontractors and clients including property-level, mid-level and upper level executives and owners. The Director must have sufficient education, experience and communication skills (oral and written) to effectively discharge the assigned duties. Must be able to effectively use computer software including Outlook, Excel, Word and Project from remote locations.
The Director represents Camp in company meetings and events, on the jobsites and at industry functions. The Director is responsible for the following key duties:
• Hire, direct, train and motivate the project managers and superintendents.
• Ensure that company’s core values, policies and procedures are lived and followed by all.
• Assign projects and balance workload across the team.
• Participate in customer pre-construction meetings to establish scope, general conditions, schedule and other customer related project goals and objectives.
• Review, validate and commit to cost estimates, construction budgets and project schedules developed by project managers and superintendents.
• Conduct internal pre-construction reviews establishing Camp’s project goals and objectives with sales, estimating and ops personnel assigned to project and document targets.
• Assist project managers and superintendents in solving complex construction and code problems.
• Managing the execution of each project measured by project gross profit & on time delivery.
• Update the status of each project monthly by submitting a Cost to Complete analysis.
• Deliver exceptional value to our customers though high levels of communication, organization and quality of work.
• Lead a culture of safety with strict adherence to Camp safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Conduct periodic jobsite inspections, document findings and corrective actions.
• Assess and evaluate team on consistent basis based on Camps Core Values and GWC methodology.
• Interact with architects, engineers, designers, inspectors and other design professionals.
• Review engineering and architectural drawings and specifications to monitor progress and ensure
compliance with plans and schedules.
• Investigate and resolve client inquiries and complaints.
• Advise owner of problems with staff and projects.
• Create increased profitability through creative cost-saving measures.
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Courteous and empathetic
Authoritative and resourceful decision maker
Resourceful and creative problem solver