Do you love working with children and being active in nature? Would you like to learn more about local plants and animals, tracking, foraging, and primitive skills? Vilda nature programs is hiring for assistant instructors. Work alongside talented naturalists to help kids explore, enjoy and learn about nature as well as gain outdoor skills. For more information on our programs, check out www.vildanature.org
M-Th 12:45-5:15pm in San Anselmo/ San Rafael, assisting an instructor with a "pod" or 8-12 children ages 6-10.
Previous experience working with children or significant experience in naturalist knowledge and wilderness skills
A strong interest in working with children outdoors
Good physical condition, able to hike, run, keep up with energetic kids for 4-6 hours/day
A strong interest and commitment to expanding naturalist and wilderness skills
Responsible, timely and with good follow through
Able to respond to emails or texts within a few days
Enjoy working with a team of people
OPTIONAL BUT AWESOME:
Some training in the Jon Young 8 Shields lineage, Tom Brown kids programs or other similar
Currently based in the North Bay with intentions to stay in the area
Some lifeguard experience and kayaking skills
Current first aid and CPR
To apply send current resume and cover letter and fill out the on-line application form at www.vildanature.org/employment-application
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Exempt, Regular full-time
Compensation: Competitive DOE + Benefits (Medical, Dental, 401K Plan with employer annual contribution, generous PTO)
Weekly Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: San Francisco Mission District
The Good Samaritan Child Development Center provides a State-licensed, full-day preschool program for children 2 ½ to 5 years of age. Our goal is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that encourages physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development through a developmentally appropriate curriculum. Our philosophy is child-centered, rather than adult directed. The dual-language (Spanish/English) program curriculum is realized through structuring the environment into interest areas, the planning of program activities to meet each child’s individual needs, and the opportunity for active participation rather than passive observation. Children participate in developmentally appropriate activities that are designed to develop their social skills, enhance their fine and gross motor sills, encourage creative learning, cognitive development, and teach pre-literacy and skills.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Preschool Director oversees day-to-day operations for early childhood education program including quality control to ensure culture and academic excellence.
Adheres and ensures compliance with local governing and licensing agencies. The Director works in collaboration with teachers to design, implement, and evaluate a culturally and developmentally appropriate program.
Provide leadership and vision for the preschool teachers to assure program quality, kindergarten readiness and student success.
Frequently required to sit, walk, stand, bend, stoop or crouch, kneel, lift or climb, reach with hands and arms, pull or push, or carry. Continuously required to see, talk or hear. Occasionally required to lift t less than 40 pounds. Finger dexterity and hand coordination required.
Good Samaritan Family Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Employment is contingent upon meeting the above minimum qualification and verification of previous employment and education.
401k with annual employer contributions
Vacation: 10 days up to 3rd year. 15 days up to 5th year. 20 days up to 10th year. 25 days after 10 years.
Sick Pay: 12 days per year
Personal Days: 2 days per year
Holidays: 13 days per year
Fluent in Spanish/English
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume or you may visit our website.
As a school, Mission Montessori is looking to support our families by providing in-home, high-quality educational care for their children. We are seeking caring, enthusiastic, and committed child care professionals to join our team temporarily as nannies for these families. We’re especially interested in educators who are excited to learn more about Montessori and how to implement Montessori in children’s homes!
This is a temporary position, but when it ends, you may request to work with another family or to join us long-term as part of our on-campus team. Your main responsibilities would include providing activities that will promote development, caring for children’s social emotional needs, communicating with parents and the rest of the teaching team, and more. This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience with—and a love of—children, and who would like to learn more about Montessori!
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply at www.missionmontessori.org/join-our-team!
We currently have full-time, benefits-eligible positions. Part-time positions may also open up in the coming weeks. You're welcome to reach out to email@example.com if you're interested in a position that's not listed on our page.
Happa Baby Daycare is looking for a head teacher who is to be primarily responsible for developing, planning, and implementing the education curriculum, providing educational supports to the teaching staff, and coordinating and managing the communications with the parents.
Job Title & Classification:
Full time head teacherDescription of Duties
• Set educational standards and goals and help establish policies, procedures, and programs to carry them out.
• Design and implement age appropriate program curriculum to meet the educational standards and goals.
• Orientation, supervision, leadership, and evaluation of staff including teaching assistants, parent aides, substitutes, student teachers, and volunteers.
• Maintenance of a list of qualified substitutes and assistance in securing as needed.
• Adaptation of program to needs of individual children with concern for their particular interests, challenges, talents, and individual style and pace of learning as well as children's relationship to cultural and socio-economicbackgrounds.
• Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
• Maintenance of a safe and healthy environment for children, including visual and auditory supervision.
• Document each child's daily activities and milestones and provide feedback to parents via parents portal.
• Direct communications with parents.
• Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.• Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee deem them necessary.Job Requirements
• Mandarin native speaker. Fluent in both written and oral English.
• Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
• 2 year degree in early childhood or related field preferred.
• 12 post-secondary units or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development completed at an accredited college covering child development, early childhood education curriculum and child, family, and community.
• One year in supervisory position as Head Teacher or equivalent.• One year minimum teaching experience in licensed childcare center a MUST
• Able to live in the housing provided by the daycare.
Job Type: Full-timePay: $22.00 - $28.00 per hourCOVID-19 considerations:
We are keeping our daycare capacity to 10 (stable) children as recommended by Alameda County Health Department until further notice. We are also following the operational guidelines provided by the CDC and Alameda County to protect our staff and children