Restock Book Buyer for Books Inc. in Palo Alto
Books Inc is currently reviewing resumes for the position of full-time restock book buyer at our Palo Alto location. This job involves inventory management and customer service at a busy store and requires the ability to meet regular ordering deadlines and to balance multiple responsibilities.
Applicants should be detail-oriented and highly organized with good communication skills. Additional qualifications and skills include book knowledge, merchandising experience, ability to identify sales trends, and an interest in children’s books. Previous bookstore experience is preferred, but not essential.
Work schedule is determined and assigned according to the store needs and includes one weekend day a week.
Benefits include Medical/Dental Insurance, 401K, and employee discount.
Resumes: email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls
We are Sherman Oaks' eclectic buy-sell-trade clothing shop, offering a challenging, fun, fast-paced retail environment. As an employee, you’ll receive on-the-job training in recycling fashion. Must be a quick learner, cheerful, dependable & energetic. PT/FT with benefits. No prior experience necessary. Apply online or in person at 14621 Ventura Blvd. in Sherman Oaks, CA. This is not your regular retail job! EOE
Works directly with the Facility Manager of Purchasing to ensure a continuous supply of products and packaging to maintain adequate inventory levels at all locations. Interacts directly with the suppliers within the scope of product categories, as assigned, to negotiate supplier agreements and contracts.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Boston Car Buyers is hiring a Used Car Buyer for our Massachusetts territory. We are seeking a self motivated, analytical type who enjoys working directly with consumers. You will be following up on leads (lots of phone calls and email) from consumers that have interest in selling their used car - booking appointments and meeting customers at their home or office to evaluate and purchase their car.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills electronically and in person.
- Efficiently use technology to follow up on leads and appraise vehicles.
- Clean motor vehicle and criminal background record
- Solid understanding of used cars.
- Ability to follow a process and clearly communicate
Cenetra is looking for a highly motivated individual to work in our purchasing department as a Buying Assistant or Buyer. Salary and title will be based on knowledge and experience.
The Buyer Assistant assists in the efficient and effective procurement of goods, assists with requests for quotes, compiles information, and provides records maintenance for the purchasing department. This position also includes shipping and receiving and inventory responsibilities in a support role.
The successful Assistant Buyer candidate will possess the following qualities/skills:
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, inventory control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective procurement of goods in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with vendors, production teams, and upper management. Communication with vendors includes (but is not limited to) sending out RFQ’s, following up daily on purchase order confirmations, recovery of past due orders, and quality issues dealing with incoming shipments.
• Communicate with production planning regarding any delays in orders that would affect production or job completion dates.
• Assist Planner in preparing purchase orders based on MRP demand, following order status from point of order to point of delivery. Ensure orders arrive as confirmed so as to minimize production shorts.
• Have knowledge of forms of transit and modes for delivery of goods.
• Have ability to effectively maintain vendor item pricing and quotes under company system.
• Assist Planner in evaluation of vendor performance based on pricing, quality, customer service, lead times, and compliance with company vendor requirements.
Requirements for Buying Assistant:
High School diploma or equivalent
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Buying experience a plus (manufacturing environment preferred)
Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with vendors and co-workers
Driver’s license issued in US
Knowledge of MRP and/or ERP a plus
The Buyer candidate will possess the same qualities/skills at a higher level of competency, plus:
Two year college degree or commensurate experience OR
BS degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field (preferred)
Working knowledge of MRP and/or ERP
Minimum one year buying experience in a manufacturing environment
Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with vendors and co-workers
Driver’s license issued in US
Full-time Monday through Friday, overtime as necessary
Columbia, MO facility
Benefits after successful completion of 90 day probation
Our client a major manufacturer of food ingredients requires a strong replenishment buyer to execute against raw material supply requirements to ensure customer orders are filled according to demand.
The position coordinates with manufacturing, shipping, receiving, and senior management to ensure raw materials are on hand for manufacturing to meet daily customer needs. Manages, monitors and tracks inventory and inventory turns, tracks inventory control metrics and extensively maintains the company ERP system. Occasionally, assists the Senior Buyer with vendor negotiations. The individual will also be detail oriented and will be able to consistently deliver high-quality work product with a positive "get it done" attitude and the ability to thrive in an ad-hoc environment.
· Maintain adequate replenishment inventory to support daily production while achieving a desired turn and minimum inventory number.
· Maintain economic lot size, minimum and maximum targets in corporate ERP system and use such tools in daily work
· Communicate availability of materials that may cause a delay in scheduling and work to ensure 100% manufacturing uptime; provide management with the availability of raw materials to ensure operations ability to support sales/ or sales forecasts. Melds intuition of the tangible physical inventory reality with the stated virtual inventory reality.
· Reviewing “stock status” reports that show usage versus on hand inventories to proactively determine potential “out-of-stock” situations that may affect customer orders.
· Manage draws against contracts for raw materials, including developing strategies to reduce overall costs while maintaining quality. This will include continuously reviewing market and standard costs while looking for savings opportunities.
· In some cases, negotiate pricing, terms and lead-times to obtain raw materials at best quality and lowest cost. Monitor any price increases and communicate to relevant organizational departments
· Establish/Maintain the supplier base for raw materials and improve the supplier base by establishing relationships with quality alternative vendors.
· Maintain a daily inbound receiving schedule and coordinate with vendors and/or carriers to make sure purchase orders are delivering on desired dates; communicating any issues to the organization
· Coordinate with the warehouse supervisors to ensure product is received and available for production.
· Participates in daily operations meetings.
· Other duties as specified.
A successful candidate may have the following skill set:
· APICS exposure or even Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
· 2-5 years minimum in a Purchasing Position in a related Food Product Industry
· Exposure to negotiating, pricing and rfq processes.
· Strong communication (verbal and written)
· Good math/numeracy skills and intuition
· Good computer skills, to include:
o Proficient use of Windows operating system products and Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
o Proficient use of e-mail.
o Knowledge of ERP system.
o Extensive hands-on experience with inventory management systems.
· Possess strong data collection, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
· Understand JIT logic, finite capacity planning, process manufacturing, procurement and inventory control processes.
· Understand the concepts of Demand, Forecasting, Production Scheduling and Inventory Control.
· Detail oriented, ability to self-motivate, and ability to consistently deliver high‐quality work product.
· Ability to work in a team environment with a positive "get it done" attitude.
Company offers competitve salary plus bonus and top notch benefits plan.
Join a growing company and make a difference! We are located just across the street from University Village. We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic Assistant Buyer to join our team in Seattle, WA. Position can be full-time or part time (depending on hours)
We are an eCommerce company that deals primarily with consumer electronics. Job description and tasks can be found below;
Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans and procures materials and services to meet all contractual specifications. Performs pre and post award procurement administration of activities. Ensures best value is obtained including 100% quality and delivery.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
-Prepares and issues Request for Quote (RFQ). Incorporates technical, quality, contractual and schedule requirements properly into RFQ.
-Generates and commits orders up to $150,000 without management review. Coordinates and ensures management review and approval of orders over $150,000.
-Complies with internal company and government requirements through documentation per Line of Business (LOB) processes.
-Identifies suppliers, including Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SBD), and Women Owned Business (WOB), Hub-Zone, Veteran, Service-Disabled Veteran Businesses.
-Selects suppliers, including application of appropriate level of cost/price/technical analysis performed, in accordance with LOB policies and procedures and applicable government regulations.
-Analyzes work direction to administrative support personnel as needed. Participates on commodity teams.
-Initiates necessary management reviews and audits with suppliers. Travel as required to monitor total supplier management.
-Responsible for the prompt closeout of completed orders.
-Responsible for total supplier quality and delivery performance at the best value.
-Responsible for total supplier performance throughout the life cycle of procured materials and services.
-Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
-Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a High School Diploma and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management OR Business Administration/Management OR Operations Management
-Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
-Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
-Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
-Ability to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
-Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
-Ability to demonstrate research and presentation skills.
-Ability to develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with internal and external customers.
-Critical thinker and problem solver
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Established in Itasca area Fastener Company is seeking qualified candidates for its growing Purchasing Department.
Job Description: Competitively negotiate with suppliers. Develop effective and reliable suppliers and source new products. Provide daily support to the Sales Department by providing accurate and timely quote data. Regularly monitor supplier performance regarding on time delivery and quality. Handle purchasing in a professional and cost effective proactive manner.
Previous industrial, fastener or machined parts purchasing experience
Skilled at sourcing locally, nationally and globally
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent negotiating, critical thinking and decision making skills
Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and work within deadlines
Attention to detail is vital
Tessemae’s is looking to hire a Planner/Buyer!!
This role will own the development of a three-month SKU level plan and the modeling of product decisions for a rapidly growing brand. We are looking for a candidate with a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant planning and inventory concepts.
Develop a statistical demand plan to improve product mix and appropriate levels of inventory
Review/analyze historical sales data/ trends to optimize future forecasts and to inform strategies and action plans
Ordering of raw materials and packaging components
Determine and maintain safety stock levels of raw materials and finished good products
Track monthly forecast error to identify contributing factors and work with production to
adjust the inventory levels at the Warehouse.
Work with R&D, Sales and Marketing to determine time-lines for the collection of
promotional and new SKU forecasts
Liaise with Sourcing & Production on weekly, monthly and long-range forecasts
Become brand volume expert through understanding consumption and shipment trends in
addition to category and industry dynamics
Attend weekly S&OP, forecast/production planning meetings
Coordinate monthly consensus meeting with key sales partners, supply chain and finance
Continuous improvement of forecasting process to minimize forecast error and implement
lean manufacturing processes
3-5+ years of relevant work experience in sales planning, production scheduling, auto replenishment planning and/or demand planning & forecasting.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Microsoft Office, Excel skills are imperative
ERP/supply chain systems – NetSuite, SAP, JDA
Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact positively with associates, vendors
and management team
Strong aptitude with retail math and forecasting methodology to manage and maintain work orders and inventory within the manufacturing facility to support on-time delivery to customers.
Problem solving skills to identify root cause and potential solves of reporting and forecasting anomalies
Highly analytical, detailed oriented, and organized
Possess a positive, can-do attitude
Ability to communicate, both verbally and written
We are seeking a Sales Associate To Buyer to join our team! You will resolve customer questions and offer solutions to drive company revenue.
Buyer IIApplyBusiness ServicesLos Angeles, California
TheUniversity of Southern California(USC)Finance Division Business Servicesis seeking a strategic-minded and experiencedBuyer IIto join its team.
The department of Business Services is comprised of Procurement Services, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Diversity Services, Disbursement Control and Accounts Payable, Business Operations, and Mailing, and Material Management Services. These departments are responsible for the purchase and payment of goods and services on behalf of the University in accordance with the policies set forth by the University, Sponsored Projects, Internal Revenue Service, and State Board of Equalization.
This position is a key member of the Procurement Services team and is responsible for executing day-to-day procurement activities which include collaboration with university departments and suppliers, contract review, negotiations, issue resolution, risk mitigation, supplier performance management, and assisting with strategic sourcing initiatives. The buyer serves as the key link between USC departments and suppliers to ensure a seamless flow of goods and services to support university demands and expectations.
Responsible for the complete procurement process.Procurement responsibilities could cover a broad range of categories, including goods, services, professional services, and independent contractors. Must have a basic understanding of the general procurement process, including complex bid solicitations, deliverable schedules, and e-procurement ordering and payment systems.
Advises all levels of faculty and/or staff regarding purchase and supply requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise and delivery needs. Assists in obtaining proper specifications, quotations, delivery terms and costs. Explores and recommends alternatives to save money or improve delivery.
Solicits and analyzes quotations for new or nonstandard items. Recommends or approves awarding of contracts or purchase orders. Places purchase orders based on assigned authorization or signing limit.
Surveys vendors regarding pricing, availability and delivery times to determine best and/or possible new supply sources.
Performs year-end review of maintenance contracts, standard contract items and licensing agreements for renewal or renegotiation. Negotiates contracts and price agreements to enhance cost savings and quality of service.
Bids and negotiates long-term contracts of unlimited amounts for repetitively purchased items.
Researches and resolves problems with vendors and university departments to facilitate the purchasing process.
Ensures purchases comply with internal and external requirements and regulations as well as good purchasing practice. Provides information to faculty and staff on government restrictions and regulations and university policy and procedures related to purchasing.
Maintains proficiency in automated systems used for purchasing functions such as inventory control, vendor contract information, cost control and bid analysis.
Maintains currency on latest products and trends by reading trade publications, attending seminars and trade shows, and developing and maintaining vendor contacts.
Ensure assigned purchase orders are processed with proper terms & conditions and within university policy & procedures.
Maintain positive collaboration with Strategic Sourcing team on day to day efforts required for implementing sourcing initiatives and supplier performance.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Bachelors Degree (Business or related field)
3 or more years of procurement experience
Procurement certification (i.e. CPM)
2 years of procurement experience
Knowledge of procurement regulations, and practices
ERP system knowledge
Strong communication (written & verbal)
Exceptional time management, organization, and prioritization skills
Superior customer service and adaptability to changing requirements
Outstanding conflict resolution and ability to effectively work in a team environment
Ability to negotiate and influence others
Strong relationship building
Excellent analytical & research skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products (i.e. word, excel, outlook)
The USC Finance Division Business Services valuesaccountability, teamwork, open communication, integrity, and opportunities for growth and professional development. Join us apply today!
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Strong knowledge of specialized field of purchasing
REQ20082010 Posted Date: 10/15/2019
As directed, purchases capital, construction, service contract,medical materials and equipment. Researches and selects productsaccording to quality, price and serviceability. This willinvolve extensive computer skills along with data analysis.Works with any department ordering capital equipment and acts asa backup buyer to medical and non-medical departments. Workswith departments on supply chain process improvement project andworks directly with the Hospital Group Purchasing Organization,distributors and vendors.
Five or more years of purchasing experience; orBachelor's degree with at least two years of purchasingexperience.
Two to five years of experience in an acute carehospital purchasing department focused on capital ormedical buying.
Requires experience with a materials management informationsystem, and electronic order entry is preferable.
Prior negotiating and communication skills.
Knowledgeable in word processing, spreadsheet, and awindows-based operating environment is preferred.
Knowledge of state and local codes related to fire andelectrical safety and Joint Commission standards ispreferred.
Dominos Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: were a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 60% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to deliver the dream to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. Thats just the tip of the icebergor as we might say, one slice of the pie! If this sounds like a brand youd like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Are you a detail orientated person who thrives in a fast pace? Are you great on the phone and enjoy working with vendors? Are your follow up skills extraordinary?
Do you have strong negotiating skills? Then perhaps this position may be for you!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Purchasing Buyer with broad line perishable food purchasing experience. The selected candidate must be detail oriented, systematic, well organized, polished, and a high-energy team player.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
Our company recruits, hires and promotes individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical or mental disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform the job, or any other status protected by law, all in accordance with applicable Federal, State or Local Laws.
The primary responsibilities of the Sr. Media Market Specialist FREELANCER are to estimate, evaluate, negotiate, maintain and deliver local broadcast media across Actives client base.
Evaluate Nielsen ratings to determine estimated value of the media.
Negotiate best prices for media which meet client guidelines and employ a variety of strategies.
Supervise and monitor media schedules for complex and senior-level markets ensuring weekly clearance and delivery for clients.
Secure added value, bonus weight and makegoods as needed.
Manage post-buy delivery including negotiating any owed Air Data Units (ADUs), reviewing for overrides and writing up explanations if needed.
Work closely with Actives Trade Group to develop and utilize trade partnerships.
Develop and maintain relationships directly with stations and their representatives. Attend business functions including meals, parties and events to help grow these relationships.
Provide guidance and mentorship to junior-level staff as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience is required.
Minimum requirement of 5 years of media experience in TV, Radio and/or Unwired media buying; or combined buying experience in stated mediums.
Knowledge of SpectraOx (MediaBank) or comparable Media software is required.
Proficiency with both Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Job Grade: 16
External Company Name: Active International
External Company URL: www.activeinternational.com
Street: One Blue Hill Plaza
Our client Purchasing team works to ensure that parts and services sourced from around the globe are of the highest quality, at optimal cost and delivered on-time
We aim to build strong relationships with the supply base so that our client can produce vehicles that their customers want and value
Building and maintaining strong, mutually benecial relationships with a diverse range of suppliers helps us lower costs, improve quality and make progress toward our sustainability goals
We recognize that a diverse supply base is an integral part of our overall success, providing fresh perspectives that lead to Cutting-edge innovations and accelerated business development
We continue to foster productive relationships with entrepreneurs from a wide range of backgrounds to meet our customers needs and expectations
Your responsibility grows as fast as you can handle it, giving you an opportunity to make a major contribution to our products and success
The purchasing organization provides a wide range of job opportunities including:
Indirect Buyers (marketing and sales, healthcare, services, etc.)
Provide commodity and program management expertise for products, delivering quality, cost and timing targets at the component and systems level
Know the commodity and understand cost drivers to deliver cost targets
Develop, maintain and execute a commodity strategy
Foster professional and healthy supplier relationships
Manage special assignments incremental to core responsibilities
Lead, plan, develop, and implement projects
Work effectively with cross-functional teams regionally and/or globally
Meet or exceed Purchasing objectives
Creative problem solving
Human-centered design thinking
Strong computer system skills
Collaborative negotiation competency
Inter-personal skills and communication
Bachelors or Masters degree in Business or Engineering
Available for full-time employment by September 2019
5+ years of related work experience
Must be willing to relocate to Southeast Michigan
Must have a valid and unrestricted driver's license
Human-centered design thinking experience optional
Req ID JN -072019-112002
This is a 4 month contract. We are looking for a candidate with F&B Buyer experience and advanced experience with ARIBA
The primary responsibility of the Buyer is to manage the entire supply chain for the assigned commodities including: development of commodity strategies for the food and beverage area, selection of suitable suppliers, negotiations to ensure best-in-class pricing, analysis of total cost of ownership, summary of procurement recommendation, supplier follow up, and management reporting.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and hotel casino’s policies, practices, and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Employment Requirements:
· 21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States, high school Diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
· Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
· Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to company appearance standards.
· Maintain consistent adherence to the corporate standards.
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
· Minimum BA/BS degree required in a related field or an equivalent experience, with an MBA preferred.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in Purchasing or a related field.
· Knowledge of Stratton Warren inventory system (inputting bids, creating purchase orders) a plus.
· Ability to perform complex analysis for supplier and material contracts, develop long range commodity plans, streamline operational procedures, perform continuous improvement activities, recommend and establish inventory levels, and present project reports to senior management.
· Knowledge of financial and cost management, PO and contract management, and spreadsheet analysis.
· Skills with Microsoft Office Suites and spreadsheets are essential.
· Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
· Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with management, team members, and suppliers while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
· Must be able to frequently move freely about the office, maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, etc., withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
· Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.
Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
· Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
· Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner. Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tack and politeness.
· Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
· Develops comprehensive commodity strategies that documents sourcing approaches, preferred suppliers, cost performance and gaps, quality performance and gaps, logistics solutions and technology roadmaps.
· Excels in supplier negotiations using multiple approaches such as market tests, long term agreements, cost models.
· Performs comprehensive evaluations to ensure best-in-class pricing based on total cost of ownership.
· Summarizes sourcing recommendation and be able to convince stakeholders of sourcing recommendation.
· Issues purchase orders and follows up with suppliers on prompt shipments at the appropriate quality levels.
· Interfaces with user departments as the procurement specialist that allows management to make the right procurement decisions.
· Visits suppliers regularly to understand manufacturing processes and new developments.
· Performs any other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assess, evaluate and review data for organizing projects and/or providing direction on activities, tasks or processes in accordance with company guidelines.
· Arrange timeline to complete tasks and department assignments or projects, and meet the deadlines related to those assignments.
· Work on actual project or service to help achieve the objectives of the department.
· Evaluate information to render an opinion or take action based on that information that will impact the department or function.
Possess skills to hasten resolution, assess course of action, and implement or take action based upon findings.
Direct others in completion of a task or assignment.
· Render advice, and provide expertise or judgment based on information gathered, studied, analyzed or reviewed.
Reports To: Powerteq Supply Chain Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of inventory planning strategies, the management of supplier relationships, and price/contract negotiations.
Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Buyer / Planner to be located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/
The Sr. Buyer/Planner is responsible for all aspects of material buying in support of commercial launch and sustaining production across multiple commodities. Owns all aspects of the procure to payment cycle. Works within SAP ERP, leveraging tools to drive improvement of supplier performance and material flow. Work cross functionally with manufacturing, planning and R&D to ensure procurement of quality products, in the shortest lead time and the best cost.
Key responsibilities for first 90 days
Syndeo Staffing is looking for a Direct Hire position for a Buyer. As the Buyer you will be responsible for the purchasing of raw materials, adhesives, hardware, supplies and other items as required in support of Production and Facility Operations.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High School Diploma or GED
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Accounting Programs andAerospace Industry
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Previous industry experience, preferably in Purchasing
Ultimate Staffing is looking for a Buyer to support our client in San Jose. This is a great opportunity to join a company with a strong family culture.
Position Overview: Review, plan, interpret and implement material requirement purchases of machined, fabricated, electronic components and assemblies per MRP action reports to meet Geometrics business plan and forecast objectives. Negotiate contracts, pricing and delivery with suppliers to meet Production, Engineering and Repair Department needs while managing inventory levels of assigned parts to prescribed levels in a high mix low volume environment.
Major Responsibilities: Essential duties include the following:
1. Maintain inventory parts master information for assigned parts, determine lead time and make recommendations for standard cost changes
2. Work closely with Production Control to satisfy shop work order requirements to match forecast and customer order ship schedule.
3. Receive output from MRP system, interpret and place orders with approved suppliers for material to support build plan, objectives, schedules and sales order specific material. . Flexible to handle changing needs and purchasing requirements.
4. Review production schedule and MRP action reports to ensure parts are here on time.
5. Work with Engineering and Repair/Service Department to interpret and process non-inventory requisitions for prototype work, obsolete or seldom-purchased items for repair of customer equipment
6. Prepare and communicate RFQ’s and PO’s for components, sheet metal and machined products and painted circuit boards.
7. Interpret returned quotes for materials and make recommendations as to best choice of suppliers
8. Work with QC and supplier to disposition non-compliant items using MRB guidelines.
9. Track open PO’s for on-time delivery. Expedite as required. Ability to compare actual needs with system needs and purchase accordingly.
10. Past experience purchasing for special orders and small quantity (under 50)
11. Interface with engineering to determine impact of engineering change orders (ECO) on MRP.
12. Create and manage PO's to the supplier, based upon actual demand. Work with the supplier on PO and delivery reconciliation
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Minimum 7 years purchasing in an electronics manufacturing environment and/or engineering environment including knowledge of machined, sheet metal, painting , plating and silkscreening processes.
2. Solid understanding of MRP/ERP systems and applications, BOM structures, ECO and material planning procedures. Rootstock knowledge a plus.
3. Superior verbal and written communications skills
4. Ability to work well across departmental lines, including technical and non-technical departments. Must interface with internal and external personnel at all levels
5. Ability to work closely with product and manufacturing engineering to effectively transition products and enhancements from engineering to manufacturing status.
6. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline oriented environment
7. Good computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office applications
8. Working knowledge of purchasing and contract law
9. BS or BA in relevant field or equivalent. APICS certification a plus.
Partnering with the Supply Chain Manager the Buyer is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and outside services. These products and services are to be secured at cost, quality and at a delivery, competitive levels consistent with Company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned or as appropriately concluded with ERP reorder point or individual requisitioner.
A high school diploma or GED is required; an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline; in the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience serving in an industrial purchasing role, where a number of years and proven knowledge may offset the degree requirement.
Experience & Skills
USTNMemphis, Vacancy ID2019-32790
Career Home Job Search Results Buyer
Changing lives. Building careers.
Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has more than 4,000 employees worldwide. Integras common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol IART.
What are we looking for?
We are proud of our 25 year heritage as a leader in regenerative medicine. Today, our scientific innovation and diverse product portfolio continue to help patients and surgeons around the world.
We have an entrepreneurial, small company feel, yet deliver big company results. Your ideas big and small are welcome here. We embrace change and reward our people who are committed to making Integra a stronger company.
We believe how we do things is as important as what we do. Our Values guide how we work and how we act towards our customers, patients and each other every day. We value Our People, Integrity, Excellence, Embracing Change, Decisiveness and Teamwork.
Integra LifeSciences is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, marital status, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. If you'd like more information on your rights under the law, please see the following notices:
EEO Is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/index.cfm | EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans at https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/publications/adaveteransemployers.cfm Integra LifeSciences is committed to provide qualified applicants and employees who are disabled veterans or individuals with disabilities with needed reasonable accommodations in accordance with the ADA at https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/publications/fs-ada.cfm . If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 855-936-2666.
Copyright 2018 Integra LifeSciences Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Join a passionate team!
Supervise the daily purchasing activities for the company. Purchase materials, components, services, etc. essential to supporting operations. The senior buyer ensures that purchases are the required quality and quantity, at the most economical cost, and of timely delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
*PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL / A RESPONSE TO YOUR APPLICATION WILL TYPICALLY ARRIVE VIA EMAIL WITHIN 24 HOURS. Please also check SPAM.
We have an immediate need for a buyer at a leading manufacturing company conveniently located in Warminster. This is a temp to perm opportunity.
Job Duties Include:
Job Requirements Include:
Please email your resume and salary requirements for immediate consideration.
Our manufacturing client located in Billerica is seeking an MRO buyer with SAP experience for an immediate start replacing an employee on leave. Our client desires a qualified candidate who can start immediately.
· Plans, schedules and places purchase orders with suppliers while ensuring compliance of internal procedures, on-time supplier delivery and quality supplier performance.
· Negotiates pricing and delivery terms and solicits competitive quotations with current and future suppliers while working to reduce MRO spend.
· Assist with resolving issues relative to purchase order receiving matters, returns, and invoicing.
· Some direct buying will include off the shelf items.
· 2 or more years MRO buying experience
· Experience with SAP MM required
· Some experience resolving A/P issues related to quality returns is desired.
Senior Buyer Job Description
General and Task Management
· Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
· Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
· Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
· Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization
· Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
· Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
· Prepare reports and updates as and when required
· Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
· Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well being of self, staff and visitors
· Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
· Prepare and issue purchase orders
· Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
· Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
· Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
· Conduct research for new components and suppliers
· Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
· Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
· Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, and delivery or invoice issues
· Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
· Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together
· Proactively contributes to the team
· Actively committed to team’s development
Skills and Attributes
· Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and supplier’s · Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
· Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities
· Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets
· Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfillment
· Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations
· Keen attention to detail and accuracy
· Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system required, Epicor experience preferred
Qualifications and Experience Levels
· Minimum 5 years Purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment or a manufacturing/engineering degree required
· Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) or similar qualification or studying towards qualification would be beneficial
· Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
· Experience of working closely with suppliers
· Able to add value, reduce costs and contribute to business improvements
· Computer literate, with strong Microsoft skills/abilities
At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Eco-Products will be in the vanguard of our Zero Waste Future
At Eco-Products, we understand the connection between the health of the planet and the impacts of disposable packaging. Every day we work to advance Zero Waste systems, and help our customers be better stewards of the environment.
Sustainable disposables sounds like an oxymoron, but we live in a consumer culture where disposable products are ubiquitous. And they arent going away any time soon. We see this as an incredible opportunity to help change the world and more importantly each of the local communities we serve by making sustainable disposable products that shift an industry.
The Eco-Products Difference
Were the most recognized and authentic brand in sustainable food service packaging. As category leaders with an exclusive commitment to environmentally preferred packaging, were able to deliver benefits to our partners that are unavailable anywhere else on the market.
Buyer / Planner
For over two decades, Eco-Products has been providing customers with better choices by producing foodservice packaging made from renewable resources and post-consumer recycled content. We continually strive to drive innovation in our field in all areas of sustainability. Our goal is to build a vibrant business on sustainable business practices, serving as an example to others and leading change in our industry and beyond.
Summary of Position
The Buyer/Planner is a combined position that includes both Purchasing and Demand/Inventory Planning responsibilities. Primary responsibilities include day-to-day Purchasing/Planning/Inventory Management and maintaining strategic and collaborative relationships with assigned suppliers. The individual will also be looked upon to provide analysis and recommendations related to changing product demand, process improvements across the procurement process, and perform inventory analysis and reconciliation. The position will help ensure the organization maintains fill rate and inventory-turn requirements on an ongoing basis by gaining an understanding of the overall capabilities of the supply chain and changing demands of the market.
Reports To: Purchasing and Logistics Manager
The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position.
This is a full time, non-exempt position in an office environment.
Eco-Products offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package to eligible employees. The benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent, life and disability insurance, sick and vacation paid leave, wellness incentive program, holiday pay, 401(k) with Company contribution, employee volunteer program, and an alternative transportation incentive program including an EcoPass.
The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity with regards to minorities, females, disabled persons, and veterans.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.