About Good Use:
Good Use diverts surplus and 'imperfect' produce from becoming food waste and makes raw juice, lemonade and wellness shots from it that we distribute to offices, retail stores and food service partners throughout the Bay Area.
About the Role:
The Business Development Manager contributes to the growth, development and long-term health of our Direct sales channel. The day-to-day work includes effective prospecting and development of new sales opportunities, responding to inbound web or email inquiries promptly, and conducting sales calls, in-person tastings with potential office customers and strategic partners.
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is:
Community Music Center (CMC), one of the oldest arts organizations on the West Coast, provides music for everyone, regardless of financial means. Since 1921 we have offered high-quality music lessons, low-cost performances, and creative enrichment for all ages and abilities. CMC is offering an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Development Assistant. We seek service- and detail-oriented person with a passion for community arts education to join our team of dedicated and professional staff and faculty.
Reporting to the Development Manager, this position requires a detailed and results- oriented individual with strong communication skills, the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and timelines, and a proven track record of non-profit fundraising.
Responsibilities (in collaboration with CMC’s Development Manager):
• Maintain and update CMC’s donor database on the Salesforce CRM platform, including entering all donations and new donor information, and generating acknowledgments in a timely fashion. Generate donation reports as requested.
• Provide support for CMC Development mailings, including two annual direct mail appeals and event invitations. Prepare mailing lists for merging and printing.
• Provide support for CMC “friend-raising” and fundraising events.
• Support the CMC Development Committee at monthly meetings by printing supporting materials, attending meetings, and taking minutes.
• Support bi-monthly meetings of CMC’s Board of Directors. Prepare and post to CMC Board resource website all materials for the meetings, attend meetings, and take minutes.
• Reconcile development reports with finance on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.
• Fulfill any special projects as needed and assigned by the Development Manager.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and results.
• Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to work and interact effectively with volunteers, CMC staff and faculty and students and the public. This is a donor-facing position and involving timely, courteous, and professional communications with multiple stakeholders.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Drive.
• Experience with a donor database/CRM platform such as Salesforce (preferred), Blackbaud, or Exceed.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience supporting fundraising events
Working Conditions: This is part time non-exempt position, working 24 hours per week with some evening and weekend hours as needed. Working hours are flexible and to be negotiated.
Salary and Benefits: Hourly salary commensurate with job requirements and experience. CMC offers healthcare, dental, vision and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more.
To Apply: Reply to this posting. Email a resume and cover letter. Please include “Development Assistant” in the subject of your email. No phone calls, please. CMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: Position is open until filled.
About Community Music Center
Community Music Center (CMC) is the Bay Area’s oldest community arts organization and San Francisco’s largest provider of free and low-cost music classes and concerts. Founded in 1921, CMC’s mission is dedicated to enhancing the community’s quality of life by making high quality music accessible to people of all ages and musical levels, regardless of their financial status. During the 2018- 2019 school year, CMC served over 3,100 students of all ages and levels and financial backgrounds and offered nearly $2.4 million in tuition assistance.
Celebrating our 44th anniversary in 2020, CocoKids is a non-profit organization with a mission to champion and advance quality child care and early education. As the only child care resource and referral agency serving all of Contra Costa, we are at the center of the child care delivery system. Through a wide range of free and low cost services and programs, we collaborate with parents, child care providers, businesses and the community to ensure children in Contra Costa County are nurtured, healthy, and achieve their full potential.
Benefits: Excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD for employees. Optional pre-tax FSA, supplemental Life, 403b Retirement Plan. $1000/year Education Reimbursement and generous paid time off plans. Shorten your commute, improve your work/life balance!
For a full description of the position and to learn more about us, please visit our website.
General overview: The Development and Communications Associate will provide support to the Director of Development & Communications in CocoKids fundraising and communications programs, including grant writing and implementation of foundation, corporate, individual and event-based plans.
Grant Writing (40%)
• Write foundation and corporate grant proposals for restricted and unrestricted funds
• Monitor and prepare grant reports to meet deadlines and compile documents as required
• Maintain a fundraising calendar
Individual Donor Cultivation and Stewardship (30%)
• Write and produce annual appeal letters, Annual Report and provider newsletters
• Assist with all aspects of individual gift solicitations
• Conduct web-based research on individual donor prospects and prepare a summary report
• Coordinate all development-related correspondence
• Coordinate and support the planning and execution of donor cultivation events and activities
C. Event Planning and Support (15%)
D. Social Media and Marketing (15%)
Bachelor's degree in a relevant area of study or equivalent experience
Minimum 1 year, preferably 2 years, experience in development and fund raising, marketing, community relations or related fields
Excellent writing skills - grant writing, fund proposals, etc.
Proficient with social media and fundraising software
Passion for children's causes and welfare
CocoKids is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates.
Our expanding RangeMe team is seeking an experienced Business Development Representative to join our team. We work with hundreds of amazing retailers looking to source new products from the +150k brands that are already on RangeMe. In this role, you will play a critical part in helping new retailers join our fast-growing marketplace. If you have 3+ years of CPG retail/sales experience and have a hunger to get experience in owning the entire sales cycle in a high-velocity environment, we’d love to have you on the team.
RangeMe is a leading product discovery platform connecting retailers and brands. We work with over 175,000 emerging and innovative brands and connect them to leading retailers like Whole Foods Market, Albertsons/ Safeway, Sephora, and thousands of other large and emerging retailers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
You are/ have:
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions for complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Digital Manufacturing software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Enterprise Quality Management Systems (EQMS) for operations and Supplier Quality Management. iBASEt’s software is implemented by many leading industrial organizations as part of their enterprise Digital Thread initiatives.
JOB TITLE: Senior Business Development Representative
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Senior Business Development Representative is instrumental to iBASEt’s growth and continued success. The Senior Business Development Representative will identify, qualify, and nurture leads to meet qualified lead pipeline metrics. The successful candidate for this position will develop target accounts, contact potential new accounts, qualify complex accounts as sales leads, coordinate and collaborate with the sales force, and support marketing campaigns. The successful candidate for this position will offer extensive Lead Generation/Business Development and Salesforce.com experience, in addition to a proven track record of supporting a diverse sales force and their efforts to penetrate and expand into new opportunities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to effectively and proactively develop prospective personas within target accounts, and engage in value-based conversations to identify priority objectives, challenges, and obstacles.
· Ability to manage and keep multiple commitments simultaneously - excellent multitasking skills.
· Ability to build relationships via direct contact with people of all levels both internally and external.
· Support various marketing campaigns through thorough follow-up activities.
· Attend trade shows/events upon request.
· Respond to information requests from prospects for information and other content.
· Maintain all research and call data in Salesforce.com, CRM.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline; or equivalent
· 7+ years’ experience in lead generation, tele-sales, customer service, software sales role in a technology company
· Aerospace & Defense Industry knowledge a plus
· Enterprise Software knowledge (ERP, MES, PLM) is a plus
· Proficient knowledge of accessing and using the Internet and MS Office tools, knowledge of computer systems functions, tools and software such as Windows, Salesforce, WebEx, and Google Analytics
· HubSpot and Salesforce.com certification(s) a plus
· Excellent communication and customer relations skills, both written and oral
· Well-developed presentation skills
· Availability to travel outside the home city at least 10% of the time
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
· Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about the facility
· May require some light physical effort
· Usual office working conditions
· May experience various travel schedule and different time zones
· Travel times may include Sunday evenings and Friday afternoons.
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
SALES REPRESENTATIVE / BUSINESS DEVELOPER
$20/hour + unlimited commissions
Does the following describe you?
If you are looking for an environment that offers room for growth, additional training, and access to the best resources available, you should work for Express. Earnings Commensurate with Performance and Effort!
We want to make a difference locally and across North America. With more than 800 locations across U.S., Canada, and South Africa, WE ARE ON A MISSION TO PUT A MILLION PEOPLE TO WORK ANNUALLY!
We help people in our community find work every day! Since Express Employment Professionals is in the business of helping good people find good jobs, we’ll teach the right person about the Business Development processes with our paid training program.
What We Offer:
What You Will Do:
As a Sales Representative, you will work within a defined territory connecting and learning about local businesses and their hiring needs, and present Express product offerings as solutions. The main goal of the Sales Representative is to help companies understand how Express can help them in the areas of employment, leadership, and human resources. This role will prospect for new business and call on an existing book of business in a sales capacity.
What We Look For:
Interested in this job opportunity?
For immediate consideration, please call (415)472-5400 or email your resume to Camilla.Nova@ExpressPros.com (please add “Business Developer” to the subject line of your email).
We are a twenty-year young early-stage venture capital partnership that leverages proprietary technology built over the last decade to surface the fastest growing startups anywhere in the world and now have about $1.5BN of assets under management. Many of the founders we have had the fortune of working with have created category-leading startups such as Sonos, FarFetch, Acorns, Shipt, TheRealReal, Nginx and Segment.
You will work closely with our investment team and will have the opportunity to participate in our investment process including due diligence, market analysis, deal execution, portfolio support, and more. You will connect with and build relationships with dozens of Founders and CEOs, learning about a wide variety of markets, technologies, and business models.
This role works closely with one the Managing Partners and receives close mentorship and coaching, similar to an apprenticeship.
It is a great opportunity to create a personal network and first-handedly learn about the startup/tech ecosystem. Over time, you will build relationships with a variety of founders and CEOs and gain experience in a wide spectrum of markets, technologies, and business models. It will help you excel in any role you choose to pursue thereafter.
For you to excel in this role you will bring a number of skills and aptitudes with you:
Love interacting with incredibly smart and driven individuals
Manic attention to detail; include this sentence on the top of your resume “Details make a difference”
Meticulous follow up and thru
Excellent witren and verbal communication skills
Curiosity & Humility
You are an incredibly driven and motivated individual who excels in helping others succeed. Curiosity and a willingness to be humble and ask questions show your desire to truly understand. You have been successful in your prior roles because you put the interests of your prospects, clients and colleagues above yours and strive to help them be more successful in their endeavors.
Where does this lead?
Alumni of this role have gone on to found startups, become investors in other firms, start their own venture capital firms, and become senior executives in leading technology companies. Almost all of our partners have started out in this role.
Instead of including a cover letter with your resume, teach us something?
Maybe in regards to what do most BDRs believe that actually is not true?
Maybe share your thoughts on a startup or two and why they will succeed?
e.ventures (www.eventures.vc) is a global venture capital firm with dedicated funds and teams in the US, Europe, Asia, and South America. We’ve backed the Founders behind category creators such as Bird, Sonos, Angie’s List, NGINX, AppAnnie, Segment, Acorns, Shipt, Scopely, Farfetch and Groupon.
Please click here to apply: