KIDDIE ACADEMY OF ALMADEN VALLEY is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DIRECTOR for their preschool / educational daycare center in Almaden Valley neighborhood of San Jose, California.
Kiddie Academy is a leader in education-based child care with over 200 academies located in 24 states. Our Almaden Valley child care center is state-of-the-art, with capacity to enroll 164 children, from ages 6 weeks to 5 years old. Kiddie Academy of Almaden Valley offers full & part time care and summer camp programs.
Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee day-to-day operations and maintain a center that meets or exceeds company guidelines, licensing requirements, health regulations, and fire codes, as well as keep all permits and licenses current
- Conduct tours for prospective parents, recruit and enroll new families, and assist management’s efforts to quickly ramp up and meet the academy’s enrollment goals
- Create and execute local marketing plans (both internal and external) necessary to drive new enrollment and maintain desired capacity
- Recruit, train and retain quality staff; Manage staff scheduling and other personnel-related matters
- Establish strong positive working relationships and communicate effectively with corporate office, staff, parents, children, state licensing authorities, vendors and other members of the community
- Manage the finances of the center according to the business plan and within budgetary guidelines; Ensure all finance-related record keeping requirements are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education – Masters preferred
- 6+ years of experience in early childhood education setting
- 3+ years of experience as a Director of licensed child care programs
- Successful track record recruiting and enrolling new families into child care programs
- Deep understanding of NAEYC and/or NAC accreditation and California state licensing standards
- Excellent leadership, motivational, and organizational skills required
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both written and oral) required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Office 365, as well as general computer knowledge
- Experience with managing budgets and implementing marketing programs
- Physical agility, high energy, and ability to work both indoors and outdoors
- Qualified candidates only.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package, including health/dental insurance, 401K, paid vacation, and ongoing trainings
Kiddie Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer