Maintenance Company located in South Pasadena, CA looking for a Building Supervisor. Someone who is collaborative with the team and naturally enjoys being of service to others. If you are organized and strong in analyzing issues, this is the role for you. We have a great opportunity for a highly effective Building Supervisor with at least five years of consecutive industry experience. The Building Supervisor will provide optimal customer service to our reputable clients in the Los Angeles, CA area.
The Building Supervisor is responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance services of the building he is assigned. Supervises the Foreman, Janitors and Waxers. Schedules special request jobs and obtains all the necessary equipment and supplies for the crew. Ensures that all hours on time sheets are collected and accurate before submitting to payroll, and assures employees are paid accurately and timely. In addition, the Supervisor is responsible for a specific account. The responsibilities include ensuring that the scope of work is completed and met. He will lead the janitorial team and select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficiency of the janitorial operations.
The Building Supervisor is responsible for the following:
- Must respond to calls and situations immediately.
- Communicates with customers regarding work issues.
- Receives special requests work orders from Customer and schedules the utility crew for waxing, carpet cleaning and special requests.
- Must communicate effectively with customers to provide a high standard of service.
- Will assure that all orders are placed for all necessary supplies by the Foreman and janitors.
- Maintains accurate logs of inventory.
- Trains new employees.
- Request temps for employees that are on leave, vacation and sick for a duration of time.
- Assures that the building has the necessary equipment, logbooks, uniforms, and supplies.
- Authorizes vacation time.
- Receives injury reports.
- Investigates and does a report for the Director of Claims on all reported injuries.
- Comply with safety procedures established by the Company and conduct monthly safety meetings by reviewing safety-training topics with employees.
- Adhere to company guidelines for employee relations, employee discipline and termination procedures
- Responsible for the keys of buildings.
- One-to-one coaching skills to further employees’ skills and knowledge to enhance the quality of service.
- Able to show appreciation for team members work.
- Conducts periodic inspections of building.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid CA driver’s license. Clean driving record.
- Minimum five years of service industry experience in a Supervisory or equivalent position.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Expense and scheduling experience.
- Monday to Saturday: 5:00 pm to 1:30 am
- Sundays when requested.
We are a family owned company that has enjoyed steady growth for the past 50+ years! We provide top quality service and customer satisfaction to all customers. We are constantly adding new staff, raising the expectations of our existing team, and setting the bar higher every day. We wish to deliver customer satisfaction through highly qualified, trained personnel, sound process management, and innovative technology.