Building and Plumbing Inspector
employment type: immediate full-time
ATS Engineers, Inspectors and Surveyors, headquartered in Austin, Texas, is seeking experienced/licensed Plumbing and Building Inspectors for our Inspection Department. We think it's a great opportunity for the right candidate, and hope you will take a moment to consider this position.
ATS principally serves the construction industry, providing both residential and commercial services. Headquartered in Austin Texas, ATS provides services nationwide with our primary markets ranging from Corpus Christi to the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and every city in between.
We are a 30+ year-old multi discipline medium-size firm based in Austin Texas. We have a strong sense of purpose, take pride in our work and have a great culture. We are passionate about what we do and the mark we have put on the growing Central Texas landscape.
Our culture is entrepreneurial with a strong sense of community. This is evident in things like our company garden that backs up to the Greenbelt, annual panini day, our ongoing guacamole contest, community involvement and long-term happy employees.
ATS is seeking a personable, motivated individual with a desire to be part of our growing inspections team. Our ideal candidate will have International Code Council (ICC) certifications. A Texas state plumbing inspector's license is a must. Consideration will be provided to all qualified candidates.
Inspectors receive assignments via our proprietary web-based system. Inspectors typically operate from home so relocation to Austin is not required. The successful candidate will perform inspections in Austin, San Antonio and/or South Texas depending on the location they reside.
We offer an excellent salary, and benefits package including 401(k), health, life and dental, plus company vehicles for Inspectors. Find out more about us at www.ats-engineers.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Facility Quality Assurance Maintenance Inspector is responsible for assuring quality services and product by conducting in-process inspections and evaluating the finished product while on various job sites. This person will have commercial construction insight, a technical background and quality control experience with a hands-on mechanical background; especially with HVAC and commercial building equipment and systems. In addition, this person will be in charge of minor repair development, execution and verification, equipment validations, job plan creation, change form development and safety inspections.
· Must be able to report to The Quality Control Manager and adhere to reporting daily inspections and findings.
· Must be able to navigate large outdoor sites and identify various types of equipment; up to 3,500 different pieces.
· Ability to visually and dimensionally inspect equipment characteristics.
· Completes inspection reports and related documents as required including findings, corrective actions and uploads that data into CMMS system (Maximo).
· Ability to follow written departmental processes.
· Oversee the adherence of all applicable regulations and procedures such a SOP’s and manufacturer recommendations.
· Skilled in using common inspection and measurement equipment (Height gauges, calipers, thread gauges, etc.)
· Ability to read and understand schematics.
· Determines quality and reliability standards by inspecting finished product of services.
· Identifies in-process service condition by collecting samples during and after service; conducting in-process inspections and physical tests.
· Determines acceptability of rework by conducting inspections and physical tests of reworked services.
· Must be personable and able to effectively provide good customer service as related to quality issues and customer quality audits.
· Candidate must be tech savvy and Microsoft Office literate. Maximo training a plus.
· Must be able to document and take pictures of onsite equipment and produce a Power Point Presentation of the findings
· This position requires daily travel to various sites throughout the San Diego and Imperial County areas; elemental exposure as well. Company vehicle provided.
Skills/Qualifications: Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Environmental & Permit Understanding, Equipment Maintenance, Attention to Detail, Research Skills, Reporting Research Results.
Requirements: The Commercial Buildings Facility Maintenance Inspector shall have, at a minimum, five (5) years of experience with facility maintenance operations and have a strong mechanical background; onsite inspection experience a must.
Building & Earth Sciences is actively searching for an ICC Special Inspector, or other ICC Certified Field Inspector. We are specifically in need of a candidate with ICC Reinforced Concrete, ICC Structural Masonry, ICC Structural Steel, ICC Bolting, and/or ICC Soils Special Inspector Certifications.
Our Project is located in Texarkana, TX on the Red River Army Depot. We would provide a company vehicle, monthly per diem and the opportunity to stay on with us full time through additional project at this location, as well as a permanent role in our Dallas, TX branch office (2.5 hours west of Texarkana).
At least 2 years of experience in construction inspection or materials testing is expected. This field inspector will also be expected to perform some materials testing as needed, but it will be minimal. We need someone who is ready to hit the ground running and willing to step in when needed.
NOVA Engineering is currently seeking several multi-disciplined ICC-certified Building Code Inspectors for immediate hire on various contracts we hold across metropolitan Atlanta, GA. We are also open to temporary, part-time inspectors who may be out of work due to COVID-19. Primary duties will include performing building code inspections and/or plans review (building, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing – as licensed) on residential and commercial buildings, as well as managing specific projects related to these types of code inspections. The inspector positions are predominantly field located but may occasionally include office assignments, whereas the Plan Examiners positions are primarily office-based.
NOVA offers full benefits, 401k w/ company match, company truck to take home, and much more!
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Education
Building Inspector (Combination) - Inspect modular buildings during construction in the factory to verify compliance with approved plans and applicable codes (building, life safety, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, energy and ADA). Inspector works from home and performs inspections at several client facilities (modular building manufacturing facilities) located in South Georgia. Client facilities are inspected on a regular basis, typically 2 to 3 inspections per client each week. Steady, year round employment.
ICC certification as a residential combination inspector is required. Candidate also must be willing and able to attain commercial inspector certifications. EMC pays for training, study courses, examination fees and certification and licensing fees for employees.
EMC pays competitive salary rates based upon experience, qualifications and credentials/certifications.
Expert Modular Consultants, LLC provides design, consulting, independent plan review and inspection services to the modular building industry. We are approved as an independent plan review and inspection agency in 46 states.
6-month opportunity with potential for an extended tenure. Certified as Building Inspector by ICC is highly desired.
The following tasks are essential for this position. Incumbents in this classification may not perform all of these tasks, or may perform similar related tasks not listed here. 1. Assures prompt review of systems and plans for proposed building construction or alteration and the timely inspection of all structures being built to obtain compliance with applicable state, federal and local laws, codes, and ordinances dealing with the construction of new buildings and the alteration and safety of existing buildings.
2. Reviews and suggests revisions of the Municipal Codes to the Building Official to maintain building regulations that are up-to-date and conform to all federal, state, and local requirements.
3. Effectively plans, schedules, and controls the utilization of time by Building and Safety Inspectors to reduce the amount of time spent in the office and maximize the time conducting field inspections. Assures the timely and productive scheduling of inspections.
4. Provides informed and skilled technical assistance and advice to architects, engineers, contractors, and homeowners on matters pertaining to building plans, zoning regulations, construction methods, materials, procedures, and building codes.
5. Inspects residential, commercial, and industrial buildings and structures to determine compliance with the structural, energy, accessibility, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical codes and approved plans and calculations.
6. Identifies and enforces a variety of codes, ordinances, and standards for conformance with approved construction plans and specifications.
7. Inspects workmanship and materials in building construction for conformance with plans and specifications, and inspects potentially substandard or dangerous buildings.
8. Generates monthly reports for the Building Official regarding building inspection work activities and workload, and maintains various work records related to the development of such reports.
9. Ensures the quality of the work of building inspection staff by making spot-checks of the staff in the field, reviewing and evaluating workload and staff assignments, and coordinating training of building inspection staff to assure the staff keeps abreast of changing technology in the building construction industry.
10. Plans and directs Permit Center activities, ensuring proper coordination with development services division managers for the appropriate level of Permit Technician staffing among each division.
11. Develops and monitors standards and service levels to maintain responsive customer service. Allocates staff and resources according to priorities and best practices to ensure good customer service. Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommends appropriate service and staffing levels in the Building Safety Division.
12. Responds to and resolves complaints from citizens including investigations to determine responsibility for the problem and methods of resolving the problem
. 13. Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates professional, technical and clerical personnel, provides and/or assures professional and ongoing training for technical staff; works with employees to correct deficiencies; recommends and implements appropriate.
14. Develops policies and procedures designed to improve plan checking and building inspections such as streamlined permit issuance procedures or plan checking aids such as checklists and application forms.
15. Performs the more difficult and complex building inspections to assure construction practices conform to all applicable state and local ordinances, codes, and regulations.
16. Studies new materials and methods of building construction to keep abreast of modern development. Maintains a current and thorough working knowledge of relevant building codes and standards, and is able to correctly interpret and apply them.
17. Studies best practices in the organization and operations of municipal building departments and reports on same to the Building Official.
18. Works with Building and Safety Inspectors/Combination Inspectors to check and analyze new building construction plans and building alteration plans in a timely manner to assure compliance with applicable codes and policies. Identifies needed corrections. Assures that deficiencies identified in plans are promptly followed up and corrected. Issues building permits to those plans meeting applicable codes and policies.
19. Leads and participates in the work of Building and Safety Inspectors/Combination Inspectors including determining work procedures, assigning duties, training, assisting in solving work problems, enforcing City regulations and policies, and promoting work efficiency.
20. Maintains a current and thorough working knowledge of the fire codes and standards, and is able to correctly interpret and apply them.
21. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of: Pertinent federal, state and local building codes, ordinances and regulations pertaining to building construction, including the California Building Codes; Building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and fire codes and ordinances.
Senior Building Inspector and Permits Center Supervisor
Principles and techniques of building inspection and building materials. Accepted safety standards and modern methods of building construction. Principles and practices of supervision. Stages of construction in which possible violations and defects may be observed and corrected. Likely defects and faults in construction.
Skill and Ability to: Assign work, lead, train and supervise employees. Evaluate work performance based upon inspection or review of completed work product. Analyze the flow of work for maximum effectiveness. Prepare clear and concise written reports. Deal tactfully and effectively with fellow employees, the general public, architects, developers and engineers. Research and study the various building, housing, plumbing, mechanical electrical and fire codes, laws and ordinances with emphasis on building regulations. Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form. Maintain effective working relationships with contractors, supervisors, fellow employees, architects, engineers, and the public. Read and interpret building construction plans, specifications, blueprints, and comparing them with construction and progress. Detect poor workmanship, inferior material, and structural construction hazards. Interpret and apply building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and fire codes.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES
Possession of a valid California Class C driver’s license. Possession of a Building Inspection Certificate issued by International Code Council (ICC) is desirable.
Findlay Township in Allegheny County is seeking a candidate for the position of full-time Assistant Building Inspector to assist the Building Code Official for code enforcement and property maintenance. Findlay Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.recblid f3gw5m8vq4atb11vy5pqcmla1t2ri9