Saint Joseph Notre Dame High School is a co-educational, Catholic parish high school located in the heart of residential Alameda, just minutes from downtown Oakland. SJND offers academic excellence and moral development to its diverse and talented 450 students. The 65 staff members are dedicated to the development of confident, open-minded, generous leaders who are ready to live joyful lives of faith, scholarship and service. The school educates future leaders in a supportive and challenging environment.
Looking for an individual with good accounting knowledge, as well as practical business office skills including managing general ledger accounts, liaison with other departments and their external vendor reports, outreach and customer service to customers and vendors.
This position works in a private Catholic high school in the Finance Business Office with one other teammate and reports to the Director of Finance.
Sansei Gardens, Inc. (Fremont, CA)
We are seeking a Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant to become an integral part of our team! Sansei Gardens, Inc. is growing rapidly in Northern California and is currently looking for a new team member for our Fremont Headquarters. Sansei Gardens, Inc. is a great company to work and continues to provide opportunities to be well paid with great advancement potential in all our locations. Healthcare benefits and performance based incentives are available with this exciting young leader in Landscape Construction.
We are looking for a full-time Bookkeeper to take on some combination of the following tasks. This position needs to be filled by someone who is reliable, a fast learner, has a high attention to accuracy and is driven to learn and grow.
Purpose: Support accounting operations of the company by working with the CFO & Assistant Controller as well as other team members.
Duties (Accounts Recieveable):
• Prepare and mail a high volume of monthly billings to customers.
• Reconcile monthly billings to account for job changes, terminations, and additions.
• Prepare weekly billings of extra work completed with appropriate job codes.
• Receive and process customer payments.
• Make collection calls as needed.
• Answer phones, filing.
• Prepare and make bank deposits.
• Administer contracts, updating records as needed.
• Assist other team members with projects.
• High attention to detail/accuracy.
• Able to work independently on a task, but still ask questions as needed.
• Organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Thorough knowledge and experience in the accounting cycle.
• Knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Able to communicate in English and Spanish. Bilingual
• Accounting/business related degree/background.
• Knowledge of Foundation Software.
Please Note: This is a general job posting. Exact responsibilities and duties will be explained throughout the training process. This post does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. We reserve the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at any time with or without notice.
New Image Landscape Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
We are looking for a Bookkeeper Accountant to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our company.
Qualifications: Must have knowledge and fluency to use QuickBooks. It's onsite job.
This job wi require 2 hours a week onsite presence to do bookkeeping, AP, reconciling, month end reports
Balance Staffing is looking for a Bookkeeper. Apply now for immediate consideration!
The Family Office Senior is responsible for ensuring quality bookkeeping, accounting and consulting work for the firm’s clients. Further, he\she is responsible for building positive relationships with clients and providing exceptional client service. The Family Office Senior works with managers, professional staff, and clients to complete engagements effectively. He\she supervises, trains, and develops the firm’s family office staff under the guidance of Family Office Manager(s).
Role & Responsibilities
The Family Office Senior is responsible for all aspects of the bookkeeping and cash management processes. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Technical Expertise – The Family Office Senior is responsible for managing\reviewing records including the recordation of general journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and reconciliation of bank statements. He\She must demonstrate solid judgment when interpreting data, actively work with staff to develop professional acumen and conduct research on technical issues. The Family Office Senior stays current on regulatory and industry changes affecting clients.
2. Client Relations – The Family Office Senior is responsible for building positive relationships with clients and providing exceptional client service. He\She serves as the primary client contact on engagements and identifies ways to provide additional and better service to clients.
3. Engagement Management - The Family Office Senior works with managers, professional staff, and clients to complete engagements effectively. The Family Office Senior assists the manager in planning, budgeting, and organizing client engagements. He\She delegates appropriately; explains purpose and goal of each task to staff and manages staff and client expectations.
4. Staff/Professional Development – The Family Office Senior supervises, trains, and develops the firm’s family office staff under the guidance of Managers and assumes responsibility for professional self-development. He\She provides effective coaching and timely feedback to develop staff and determines personal career path at the firm.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Successful candidates for this position require one to two years of significant bookkeeping and accounting experience. Specific knowledge skills and abilities required include the following:
1. Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal staff and clients.
2. Accounting – Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial statements. Progressive accounting/bookkeeping experience.
3. Technical – Proficiency in use of bookkeeping and accounting software including QuickBooks and computer applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
4. Education – Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
5. Management Skills – Excellent time management and prioritization skills in managing multiple projects\staff within accepted budgets and on deadline. Strict confidentiality with all family office data.
A well-established over 25 years stone company located in San Francisco is looking for a qualified full time bookkeeper with three to five years’ experience in accounting. The applicant will be responsible for day to day accounting functions using Quick Books. This key player must possess good organizational and communication skills to deal diplomatically with all levels of company personnel and customers.
This is a full time and immediate position.
• General understanding of accounting principal
• Full cycle accounting operation skills
• A positive and collaborative attitude
• An attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Excellent mathematical, organizational, oral, and written communication skills
• A proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Office is a must
• Ability to work and meet deadlines
• A willingness to learn new tasks
• Dependability and punctuality
A few of the responsibilities:
• Managing A/P, A/R, and General Ledger
• Monitoring and processing ACH payments, monthly journal entries, recurring auto debits, account balance reconciliations
• Vendor statement, credit card
• Research transactions to resolve questions and confirm data
If you’d like to explore this unique opportunity to join an established company and be part of our hard-working, friendly and successful team, please e-mail with a cover letter and resume.
Jobsite: In office
Job hours: Full time Monday - Friday
Tech-savvy PT Accountant Bookkeeper with strong Xero or QBO knowledge needed at small CPA firm.
Our client, who provides income tax preparation, financial reporting, payroll and business advisory services, is seeking a REMOTE Part Time Accountant Bookkeeper to work with multiple clients. Must have at least 3-5 years of bookkeeping and accounting experience working within a public accounting firm or with multiple clients. Looking for someone to assist with standardizing the accounting bookkeeping process, clearly defining it and communicating the new process to clients. Must be tech savvy and an expert in QuickBooks Online and/or Xero. Eventually will assist moving all client to Xero. Prior experience working remotely and must have a dedicated home office workspace. Excellent benefits and flexible schedule.
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications please forward your resume and state what hourly salary you would require.
Job Responsibilities As a Bookkeeper, you will classify, record and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records. There will also be additional administrative assistant duties associated with this position.
Additional responsibilities for the Bookkeeper include:
Financial Administrative Assistant – General Accounting Job Requirements As a Bookkeeper, you must have basic mathematical aptitude. You must also be highly organized and communicative, as others will rely on the accuracy of your information to make key decisions. We are also seeking someone with a diverse background in software. Excel, Google suite, Appfolio, and Quickbooks a requirement.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
• Bachelor’s degree, preferred
Full Charge Bookkeeper
We are a third party administrator (TPA) with a career opportunity for a FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER in Oakland.
As bookkeeper, you oversee all financial and accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial reporting.
We know that our greatest asset is our people. We strive to empower our employees to take on rewarding challenges, focus on client solutions and be drivers of innovation as our industry evolves. We consider our employees family and not only embrace diversity, but seek it out in all forms.
Be the next all-star on our team of experts and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Small Mattress Manufacturer located on Market Street in San Francisco, CA is currently seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper to manage the daily accounting responsibilities for the business. The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
Salary for this role will be in the $70-80k annual range. Please provide an updated resume in MS WORD format to be considered for this opportunity!
Our company is currently seeking a Bookkeeper & Office Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for our company, and managing day to day office tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities include (not limited to):
Accounts payable, entering data into accounting software
Audit and verify all bills
Monthly reconciliations of accounts
Create general journal entries as needed
Present monthly financial statements to company executives
Bi-weekly employee payroll
Handle wage deductions, garnishments, and reimbursements
Tracking expenses and petty cash
Prepare 1099 forms annually
Assist accountant with documents and reports for taxes
General office support and administrative duties including answering phones
2+ years of experience in an Accounting role
Bachelor’s degree preferred
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Google Suite and MS Office
Good computer skills
Excellent communication skills
Competent, independent & well organized
Able to function properly in diverse atmosphere
Speak, read, & write English fluently
Eligible to work in the USA
Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude
Good problem solving skills
Our company is currently seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper to join our team! Part time 20 hours per week. You will be responsible for inputing, preparing and examining financial records for our company, developing and utilizing CoConstruct(project managing platform integrated with Quickbooks)
Bookkeeping Office Manager
Position Description: Under the supervision of the CEO, the Bookkeeping Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the organization’s business office with a focus on accurate and timely bookkeeping and associated financial procedures. (Position is 32 hours/week. Salary $42,000 plus $5,500/year in lieu of health care insurance.)
High School graduate/ Community College or other business related classes.
California Driver’s License/Clean DME for at least 5 years/Crime free background.
3-5 years recent Quick Books experience.
UPSP Bulk mailing experience, a plus.
Requires prolonged sitting, standing, some bending, stooping and stretching.
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment, and a motor vehicle.
Requires normal range of hearing, eyesight, and speech.
English required (bilingual in Spanish, a plus); Excellent communication skills.
Basic computer competence (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) and experience with use of Internet and databases.
Detail oriented; ability to multitask under pressure and time constraints.
Demonstrate excellent service and teamwork.
Reliable, flexible, and organized.
Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse populations.
Self-starter with initiative and confidence.
Establish and maintain good working relationships with Mobility Matters staff, volunteers, and clients.
Answer main office line and refer calls as necessary.
All usual bookkeeping tasks using Quickbooks, bill paying, bank reconciliations, preparing financial reports monthly, etc.
Update payroll service of any changes and post payroll in Quickbooks. Distribute pay stubs to staff.
Order office supplies, update letterhead, staff/board lists, etc. and maintain office machines/computers.
Enter donations in the Fundraiser donor database and send out thank you letters.
Enter all new clients and drivers into Fundraiser used for bulk mailings.
Prepare and submit monthly grant billings.
Create and update brochures, flyers, business cards, etc. and print as needed.
Assist with fundraising which includes creating, printing and preparing the bulk mailing for our 3 annual fundraisers.
Assist with the annual Volunteer Celebration.
Prepare all information needed each year by our tax accountant to file tax return.
Gather and submit information regarding audits.
Volunteer to take rides in the absence of volunteer drivers, time permitting.
Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper and controller for several small business. The position includes both bookkeeping using QB and performing controller activities as well. Ideal candidate must be a team player, flexible, positive attitude. Computer skills including Excel with good negotiation skills and good communication skills both oral and written.
Dynamic Office & Accounting Solutions is currently seeking an experienced bookkeeper with 5+ years bookkeeping experience for our client in Danville, CA.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Required Skills & Experience: