Looking for a fun job where you can work outdoors?! Are you outgoing with a big personality? Have you ever had the desire to master the art of riding a Segway? Your job search is finally over! The San Francisco Electric Tour Company is looking to hire Segway tour guides for our Fisherman’s Wharf and Golden Gate Park locations!
We specialize in leading fun Segway and Electric Scooter tours around the most beautiful city in the country. We are looking for energetic, outgoing personalities that fit into our company culture and who enjoy meeting other people from around the world.
- Part time with some flexibility.
- Tour guides are scheduled for 2 tours daily and each Segway tour requires a 3 ½ (1 tour) to 7 hour (2 tours) shift.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- 4 to 6 days a week depending on availability.
- Segway Tour Guide rate starting at $18.15 per hour + tips. Rate will be $15.59 per hour during training.
What are we looking for in a tour guide?
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Energetic, and comfortable outdoors in Bay Area wet, chilly and foggy weather
- Funny, friendly, hardworking with excellent people skills
- Natural ability of storytelling
- Ability to take control and manage small groups of people from around the world
- Interested in sharing the history of San Francisco with other people.
- Knowledge of San Francisco is a big plus but not required. A love and excitement for San Francisco is much more important to us. (New to the Bay? No problem. As long as you are as excited about SF as we are!) We will provide complete training for all tour guides.
- Foreign language skills is a plus.
- Let us know if you have theatrical or comedy experience.
Our training, guest safety and guest courtesy are critical to our success. We want a positive tour experience for our guests and encourage respect for residents and visitors sharing the roads and bike paths in the city.
Job is available now!
The best way to apply for this job and get moved to the top of the list:
- Send us a cover letter in the body of your email telling us why you would make a good tour guide.
- Tell us the days / times that you are available.
- Include references
- Please attach your resume to the email.
- Please do not call the tour office.
We look to fill these spaces ASAP, so don't be shy!
This is a part-time job. Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job! Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Read our Guest Reviews