La Farine Bakery in Oakland is seeking part-time counterpeople for all locations. If you’re friendly, dependable, a good team player, and at least 18 years old, we’d love to meet you! Bonus points if you live in the neighborhood and know and love our products.
We will consider applicants who are available to work on Saturdays and Sundays. This is not a temporary position; we strive to develop long-term relationships with our employees.
All La Farine staff must obtain a California Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of employment.
Please send resume in pdf format only.
The Fulfillment Assistant is responsible for supporting the Fulfillment department to process daily shipments of inventory and products, and receiving of other inventories. This support includes pulling, packing & shipping customer order, receiving supplies, providing will call pick-ups, and daily inventory tracking and stocking. The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Retrieve and print ecommerce orders each morning
• Accurately pull product from inventories according to orders
• Carefully and accurately package and/or gift wrap ecommerce orders
• Accurately pack wholesale orders
• Weigh boxes and process shipments on web-based shipping system
• Deliver processed packages to the US Post Office or other carrier office
• Stock, organize, count and order product and supply inventories as needed
• Keep shipping area clean and orderly while working, and at the end of each shift
• Support Fulfillment Specialist to answer customer inquiries and resolve issues that affect orders
• Reserve and pull products for Will Call customers and assist customers with loading as needed
• Provide outstanding customer service and follow through for internal and external customers
• Other administrative duties as assigned
• Experience with shipping and receiving, or working in a similar fulfillment role
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Strong communication and personable phone skills
• Ability to interact in a professional, positive and respectful manner and maintain cooperative departmental relationships
• Proven skills in providing exceptional customer service
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy
• Ability to multi task yet maintain an attention to detail
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage tasks and time schedule
• Ability to stand on your feet for the entire shift
• Ability to safely lift or carry 25-45 lbs
• Ability to stand on your feet for an entire shift
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
• Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 25 pounds
• Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
• Environmental exposures to extreme temperatures (freezers)
This is a Part-Time position
Monday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Tuesday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Thursday, 8:00am – 1:00pm (times may vary, depending on workload and Season). Flexibility and availability to work additional days and/or hours seasonally is a plus!
• Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental Benefits (20+ hours), 401k Plan and Work/Life Balance Culture
The first 3 months are a trial/training period and upon successful completion of that period, we would determine any changes to the schedule and job responsibilities. Note – Time off is not permitted during the months of November and December.
Looking for a few more people to work the line at our busy cafe.
Baker & Commons opened in May 2018 and is a favorite in the neighborhood. We are serving high quality food in a fast paced environment. There are opportunities to cross train as a barista, cashier and line cook so that everyone can help out when needed.
We are preparing breakfast and lunch from behind our front counter. We make everything from scratch and our baked goods are made in house.
If you have a passion for great food, serving others and enthusiasm to work in a bustling environment this is the job for you! Experience in a cafe, kitchen or restaurant is preferred, and you will be trained in how to cook our menu.
Our breakfast menu includes biscuit sandwiches, poached eggs, avocado toast, bakery items and other breakfast specials. We serve sandwiches, salads and soup at lunch and some entree meal kits for "bake at home" dinner.
You will work closely with our chef and other line staff to maintain an organized, efficient operation.
Food discounts of 20% on your days off and 100% discount on your working days. Schedule can be flexible with some day shifts and some afternoon shifts. We are open from 7:30am-6:30pm for take out and outdoor dining. We just opened up more tables in our parklet! Most shifts are 6-8 hours long with a half hour unpaid meal break.
Please bring your resume to the cafe and ask for Kara or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are hiring asap and would like to start interviews on Monday. BIPOC and LGBTQ encouraged to apply. All are welcome here.
Our cupcakes need a backseat to ride in from our shop to the happy customers who await them. Orders large and small go to surprised recipients, corporations, event planners and more. This is a gig that just requires reliability, punctuality, a good driving record (you'll be driving our company van) and a care for our precious cargo. If interested please send a brief cover letter. You must be available Tuesday-Saturday, 9a-4p. Base pay + free cupcakes
IF YOU LOVE COFFEE AND YOU LOVE PEOPLE - YOU MIGHT BE THE PERFECT FIT FOR US!
We are opening the newest Dunkin' restaurant located at 844 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose CA this month and are seeking highly motivated, positive individuals to become part of our Dunkin' team.
Apply today at tjzafirisorg.peoplematter.jobs! Scroll to the bottom, Search "San Jose", and apply to one of our open positions!
Bakers are responsible for opening the store by arriving as early as 12am, 1am, 2am, and 3am. Bakers prepare the product, make the donuts, decorate and frost, bake and prepare coffee to get our store RUNNIN' every day! They not only prepare the store for service but set the tone for the day!
Team Environment - Communicate appropriately with fellow team members, treating others fairly and with respect. Respond positively to feedback and direction given. Hold themselves accountable for their responsibilities on their shift. Adhere to schedule and arrive ready to work on time.
Operations Excellence for Guest Satisfaction - Hold guests as highest priority and ensure each guest is highly satisfied with his/her experience. Respond to specific guest needs and resolve problems with a sense of urgency. Adhere to Brand standards and systems, delivering quality food and beverage to each guest. Maintain a clean and neat workstation; complete thorough cleaning of guest areas as directed. Complete all required training and support the training of other team members.
Profitability - Effectively execute restaurant standards and marketing initiatives. Prepare all products following appropriate recipes and procedures. Follow all procedures related to cash, cleanliness, food safety, and restaurant safety and security. Comply with all restaurant, Brand, and franchisee policies.
"This Dunkin' Donuts restaurant is independently owned and operated under a franchise granted by DD Franchising LLC. You are applying for work with a franchisee of Dunkin' Donuts, not Dunkin' Brands, Inc., Dunkin' Donuts or any of their affiliates. Any information you submit will be provided solely to the franchisee. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own employees and set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees. The Dunkin' Donuts trademarks, logos and designs are trademarks of DD IP Holder, LLC. Used under license."
* Must be able to speak/read English
* Capable of counting money and making change
* Able to operate restaurant equipment (minimum age requirements may apply)
* Guest Focus - anticipate and understand guests' needs and exceed their expectations.
* Passion for Results - set compelling targets and deliver on commitments.
* Problem Solving and Decision Making - make good decisions based on analysis, experience and judgment.