Working at Pizza Guys means working with friends and building long lasting relationships. The environment is fast paced but fun so you will never get bored! Team members are taught useful skills and recognized for their outstanding efforts. Come join the Pizza Guys Family and see what we are all about!
Some of the benefits you will receive are:
-Advancement Opportunity: Many of our Franchisees started out as Team Members!
Duties Include but not limited to:
Answering and processing telephone orders
Entering orders using touch screen POS or keyboard
Preparing food orders
Being responsible for taking payment from customers in the form of cash or credit card
Providing correct monetary change to customers
Ensuring customer's orders are correct
Keeping lobby and kitchen area clean
Excellent verbal communication skills
Position Summary: The Baker is primarily responsible for supporting the General Manager, Chef Manager and baking needs of the business; assuring that the bakery is operating to company expectations with regard to operational processes and procedures by setting the standard for excellence. People responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems. The baker must also assure that the kitchen/bakery area is operating to company expectations with regard to operational processes and procedures by setting the standard for excellence. The Baker makes sure that the completion of all opening or closing duties are completed properly and in particular is the key holder for those shifts who financially prepares the store for opening or closing. The Baker is responsible for coordinating, executing and managing recipes, portion control, prep, production and baking execution; overseeing proper equipment handling cleaning and routine maintenance and labor deployment in the bakery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Actively promote a positive atmosphere and culture of excellence through leadership, teamwork, job knowledge, work ethic and flexibility.
· Is familiar with all of the functions/products so that they can be the point person in the absence of the Chef Manager or General Manager
· Fill-in for fellow employees to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
· Knows the products, ingredients and sources and can describe our offerings to customers
· Skilled and creative in baking and strives to provide excellent baked goods and service in an efficient, professional manner.
· The Baker will influence design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products
· Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
· Decorating and displaying finished products.
· Enhance product presentation, and process orders from customers.
· Perform other necessary duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly.
· Efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. Should be organized, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
· Execute R&D, testing ingredients and finished products to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
· Greeting customers, answering questions, making recommendations, accepting orders and payments, and providing exceptional customer service.
· Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
· Taking client information and ensuring that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time.
· Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift with ease.
· Directs safety program for accident prevention and reports employee and guest injury/illness.
· Maintains a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing work environment by following health and safety guidelines and keeping equipment clean and in running order.
· Safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Required Qualifications and skills:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or program certificate; college or two to four years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
· 1+ years supervisory experience a plus.
· Requires an experienced public contact person able to consistently maintain enthusiasm and project a positive company image at all times
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, POS and IOS software experience a plus. Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
· Ability to read, write and speak English; bilingual in any other language, particularly Spanish, a plus.
· Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Experience in managing financial budgets required
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
· Experience in production and strong baking techniques
· Knowledge of scaling ingredients to recipe
· Know how to shape bread dough, make baguettes and sourdough
· Strong working knowledge of oven operation
· Must have a good sense of urgency, and ability to work fast
· Must be able to carry over 30 pounds
· Good working knowledge of dough roller, sheeter and mixers
· Enthusiastic & positive attitude
· Team oriented
· Be punctual and able to observe regular and consistent attendance
· Flexible, enthusiastic and open to learn and perform all aspects of CKJ operations
· Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement
· Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
· Exhibits leadership and confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well
· Makes self-available to staff. Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
· Teamwork oriented; balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Is passionate about our products and shows it
· Be friendly and professional, engaging with a positive attitude and sense of humor
· Excellent written/verbal communication; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; treats people respectfully; works with integrity; upholds organizational values
· Must be highly organized and able to work in a multi-task environment; excellent attention to detail; uses time efficiently. Adaptable and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
· Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
· Willingness to embrace “continual improvement” of self and CK&J
· Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
· Tactful; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.