Racial and socioeconomic achievement gaps persist in our schools today. There is a 26% or greater gap in math achievement between white students and students of color. We believe in the power of STEM to offer opportunities to students who need it most. You can change this by becoming a STEM teacher.
EnCorps STEM Teachers Program’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. STEM Teaching Fellows transition to teaching careers within 1-3 years with the support of EnCorps training, guest teaching field experience, credentialing guidance, EnCorps cohort and the EnCorps network of schools. When you become an EnCorps Fellow, you are committing to providing access to quality education within low income schools, supporting students who need your mentorship the most.
The EnCorps team will provide guidance as you begin the process to become a teacher and the broad network of fellows provides first hand experience from people who, like you, transitioned into a teaching career.
*Find out more about the timeline and teaching credentials at
For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see
*Looking for backgrounds in: Accounting, finance, banking, mathematics, statistics, data analyst, computer programmer, IT, coding, product manager, engineering (civil, mechanical, ALL), healthcare, scientific research, biotech, lab work, etc.
Want to empower students and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Fall application deadline: Sept 11, 2020. Apply today at:
See EnCorps through the eyes of a fellow:
Research Associate – Molecular Biology
Company: Root is developing fully automated, in-field, DNA-based sensors for detection of airborne pathogens. The technology provides the missing pathogen-presence corner of the disease triangle and enables farmers to spray pesticides only when necessary.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to
· Develop and optimize assays for detection and quantification of important airborne agricultural pathogens
· Drive continuous improvement in methodology, processes, and formats through own expertise and experience
· Be responsible for the management of target projects
· Communicate and interact with interdisciplinary project teams
· Participate in meetings
· Perform other related responsibilities as necessary
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in mycology, microbiology, virology or other natural science with laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques like PCR
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic startup
· Creative and flexible thinking, open-minded, and willing to challenge the status quo
· Ability to build excellent working relationships and an enthusiasm for taking a hands-on approach to collaborative scientific discovery efforts
· Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability and willingness to think outside the box to adopt and adapt relevant emerging technologies
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in mycology, microbiology, virology, or agriculture
· Experience with qPCR and ELISA
· Experience downloading genomes and designing primers
Country: United States
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Please contact email@example.com