Company: Lutheran Social Services of Northern California
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Classification: Permanent Full Time
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Hourly Pay: $23-$25 plus comprehensive benefits DOE
Lutheran Social Services of Northern California is a non-profit 501(c) 3 agency providing services in supportive housing and money management, with program offices in San Francisco, Sacramento, Stockton and Concord.
Responsible for Account Payable functions including processing invoices, check requests, and check runs using ABILA software, as well as processing expense reports and procurement card expenditures. After 2-3 months, position will include some payroll responsibilities. Requires strong communication and problem solving skills. Must be able to work independently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable and legal accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
TITLE: Payroll Specialist
ORGANIZATION: Conservation Society of California
REPORTS TO: Controller
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt: (x) Non-exempt: ( )
TYPE: Regular: (x) Seasonal/Temporary: ( )
STATUS: Full-time: (x) Part-time: ( )
RATE: Salaried: () Hourly: (x)
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the complete payroll cycle for the Zoo. The Payroll Specialist also supports the Accounting and Human Resources departments as required. Upholds the mission and values established the East Bay Zoological Society (the “Zoo”) and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) ) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
2) Minimum educational level:
3) Experience required:
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.
HI, WE’RE BROADLY!
Our product enables local businesses to deliver a five-star customer experience. People have a better experience when the business is responsive, engaged, and customer-centric. By helping local businesses serve their customers better, we also help them thrive.
Our culture is diverse and inclusive and what we all have in common is that we find purpose in our work, we know our work has meaning, and we strive to learn from one another as we build Broadly together!
What is the job really?
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Be the Change Consulting
Be the Change Consulting is a dynamic, growing consulting firm that works with organizations to transform them into rich learning centers, poised to meet their mission. We work with schools, foundations, community-based organizations to shift organizational culture and programmatic practices through engaged consulting, experiential learning, hands-on coaching and dynamic facilitation.
Among the areas we find to be the most critical indicators of organizational sustainability are:
You can expect to be a part of an organization that not only teaches those values but also strives to live them!
About the position
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer and with the support of a part-time bookkeeping firm, you will be managing the fiscal and HR operations of a thriving small values-driven business. Our next hire must be responsible, detailed oriented and be very familiar with QuickBooks online. Must have knowledge in general ledger accounts, purchasing, accounts receivable/payable, reconciliation, bank statements, and financial statements. Must have basic HR experience. Familiarity with Zenifits (Our online payroll and HR management system) a plus, but not necessary.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY IF NO QB EXPERIENCE. MUST BE LOCAL
· Manage the day to day accounting, monthly close process and internal policies and procedures, including preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements.
· Manage client contracts
· Responsible for the management and maintenance of general accounting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities and financial transactions.
· Providing financial reports covering sales, earnings, profits, cash balances etc.
· Maintains or oversees the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers of the company, financial statements, bank reconciliation and general tax reports, and payroll.
· Develops and directs the operation of additional accounting systems and procedures to reduce costs and obtain improved information
· Processes Bi-weekly payroll
· Preparing both business and sales taxes
· Preparing 1099’s
· Perform other related duties as required
Human Resources Support
· Oversight of HR/Payroll- time tracking, employee onboarding, W2, 1099
· Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
· Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
· Maintain employee benefits programs
· Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
· Perform other related duties as required
Successful candidate will have/be:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field experience.
· Excellent knowledge of accounting operations attained through 5+ years of progressive work experience.
· Strong analytical, communication, team-building, and collaboration skills.
· Knowledge of healthcare benefit plans and HR regulations
· Experience managing finances for both for-profit and non-profit (501c3) businesses
· Professional QuickBooks experience a MUST!
· Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel & Outlook)
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills, decision-making skills
· Strong communication and excellent written skills
· Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to work independently and as a team member.
· Flexible likes a challenge and learns quickly
· Punctual with deadlines.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Chief Operations Officer. Please include " Finance and Human Resources Manager" and your name in the subject line.
Be the change Consulting is dedicated to developing people of color, immigrants, women, LGBTQ+ folks and those in other protected minority groups. Persons in those groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Desired Hire Date, Jan 2020 - Position Open Until Filled!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Rapidly growing employee owned organization in Livermore looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join their accounting team!
Company "WOW" factors:
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for managing a high volume of vendor invoices. In addition, this position will assist with general ledger duties, financial statement preparation, and the monthly close process.
With our continued success and growth, we have an outstanding opportunity in our Hayward office for an Accounting/Accounts Payable Specialist:
Reconciles Independent Contractor statement by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos
Reimburses employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
Maintains historical records by filing documents.
Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills and qualifications:
3+ years experience in accounting field
tracking Budget Expenses
Strong organization skills
Ability to analyze information
Strong typing, 10-key and multi-tasking skills
Strong customer service communication skills through e-mail and phone
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work in a collaborative office environment daily and sit for extended periods of time
Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Word required
Internet navigation skills
A degree in the following subjects-Finance or Economics, Business Studies or Accounting, or appropriate work experience
· Process invoices and check runs
· Monitor vendor statements and address items
· Lead invoice approval process
· Monitor invoices
· Prepare annual 1099 forms and W-9 forms
· Manage new vendor setup process
· Support cash functions
· All other duties and projects as assigned
· Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Able to work independently and take initiative
· Able to adapt to changing priorities
· A team player
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and a minimum of 2 years' relevant experience
Position: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Hayward, CA
Pay Rate: $25-29/HR
Shift: Day, M-F 8 AM – 5PM
Type: Full time, temp to perm
· Checks and verifies accounts payable records, prepares invoices and vouchers, types, files, posts ledger and general journal entries, and/or balances accounts payable and accounts receivable records.
· Uses office automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries. May reconcile difficult accounts.
· Process 50-60 invoices daily.
· Weekly check runs
· May maintain a complete and systematic set of transactions in a specific phase of accounting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: