Saint Joseph Notre Dame High School is a co-educational, Catholic parish high school located in the heart of residential Alameda, just minutes from downtown Oakland. SJND offers academic excellence and moral development to its diverse and talented 450 students. The 65 staff members are dedicated to the development of confident, open-minded, generous leaders who are ready to live joyful lives of faith, scholarship and service. The school educates future leaders in a supportive and challenging environment.
Looking for an individual with good accounting knowledge, as well as practical business office skills including managing general ledger accounts, liaison with other departments and their external vendor reports, outreach and customer service to customers and vendors.
This position works in a private Catholic high school in the Finance Business Office with one other teammate and reports to the Director of Finance.
F/T Office Manager - Tax & Accounting Office
Eva Smith & Associates, EA is a full service Tax and Accounting office that specializes in providing tax preparation, bookkeeping, payroll, and consulting services to individuals and businesses. We are looking for a reliable candidate to perform administrative and office support activities for an Accounting & Tax Office.
* General administrative duties (e.g. appointment scheduling, email corresponding, scanning, faxing, filing, greeting clients, managing incoming phone calls, etc.)
* Manage the flow of client tax data submitted on-line, in-person drop off, and mail
* Coordinate the Bookkeeping process from gathering bank statements, distributing reports from Bookkeeper to clients, review reports with owner, investigate and resolve accounting discrepancies
* Assist with bi-weekly/monthly payroll set-up, processing, report generating, and filing quarterly and annual federal and state tax forms
* Preparing and filing 1099s
* Making estimated tax payments for clients & businesses
* Familiarity with reading and interpreting IRS tax letters and directing clients on appropriate responses or follow-up steps
* Filing tax extensions
* Providing support to the tax preparer, as needed
* Minimum 2 year tax office experience, required
* Minimum 3 years administrative experience, required
* CTEC license a PLUS
* Experience with bookkeeping process
* Some college, preferred
* Must be proficient in QuickBooks and QuickBooks Payroll, required
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, required
* Strong ability to navigate in a Windows environment
* Comfortability with small office equipment - scanner, fax, copier, postage machine, etc
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Strong prioritization skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Forward-thinking and problem solving
* Must be able to work and find resolutions to obstacles, independently
A high level of confidentiality and professionalism is necessary in this position.
* Compensation commensurate with experience.
* Medical, dental, vision benefits offered.
* 401(K) contribution and matching.
* Paid time off.
Send resume, salary requirements, and schedule availability.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Looking to hire ASAP, so we will respond quickly!