Opening available for experienced tax accountant in CPA firm conveniently located near the Walnut Creek Bart Station. Our firm has provided audit and tax solutions to businesses and individuals for over 30 years.
This position will involve a variety of public accounting duties including but not limited to:
• Preparation of corporate, personal, partnership/LLC, fiduciary and not-for-profit tax returns
• Review, adjust, and close books for business clients
• Daily client interaction
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• 4+ years of tax preparation experience with a CPA firm
• Proficient in working with QuickBooks and other accounting software
• Ability to prepare tax returns and projections with limited supervision
• Strong organization, communication and customer service skills
• Ability to meet deadlines while multitasking
Master's degree in taxation from an accredited college/university preferred. Experience with Lacerte tax and ProSystems fx Engagement would be beneficial. Active CPA or CPA candidate desired.
Our firm offers its employees competitive compensation, health insurance, continuing professional education, paid vacation/holiday time, and the opportunity to participate in firm's retirement plan. In addition our firm promotes a healthy work/life balance.
Entry Level Account Manager / Event Planner - Needed Immediately
JIP & Associates, Inc. provides event campaigns for national accounts in the bay area. We are now accepting applications for Entry Level Account Managers and Event Planners to grow with our business. Be part of an exciting, fun work environment while helping to develop the market!
This Entry Level Retail position requires you to establish strong customer relations while representing national and local clients professionally. You’ll also attend and participate in meetings to increase marketing and training abilities while honing in on the leadership skill sets preparing candidates for management. You will also be completing relevant paperwork accurately and in a timely manner and continually updating your product and market knowledge.
Purpose of position is to promote our clients brand names by developing and supporting field marketing programs. You will work closely with other Event Marketing Specialists, and corporate marketing and sales organizations to support sales activities (shows, events, campaigns, etc) and utilize your marketing expertise to help develop and execute marketing programs that will increase demand and drive revenue.
People from all backgrounds seeking part time or full time opportunities in the following areas are encouraged to inquire about our program: sales, customer service, sales representative, internships, marketing, manager, management, recruiting, training, restaurant, assistant, hotel, supervisor, general, advertising, communications, sales manager, project management, brand management, hospitality
F/T Office Manager - Tax & Accounting Office
Eva Smith & Associates, EA is a full service Tax and Accounting office that specializes in providing tax preparation, bookkeeping, payroll, and consulting services to individuals and businesses. We are looking for a reliable candidate to perform administrative and office support activities for an Accounting & Tax Office.
* General administrative duties (e.g. appointment scheduling, email corresponding, scanning, faxing, filing, greeting clients, managing incoming phone calls, etc.)
* Manage the flow of client tax data submitted on-line, in-person drop off, and mail
* Coordinate the Bookkeeping process from gathering bank statements, distributing reports from Bookkeeper to clients, review reports with owner, investigate and resolve accounting discrepancies
* Assist with bi-weekly/monthly payroll set-up, processing, report generating, and filing quarterly and annual federal and state tax forms
* Preparing and filing 1099s
* Making estimated tax payments for clients & businesses
* Familiarity with reading and interpreting IRS tax letters and directing clients on appropriate responses or follow-up steps
* Filing tax extensions
* Providing support to the tax preparer, as needed
* Minimum 2 year tax office experience, required
* Minimum 3 years administrative experience, required
* CTEC license a PLUS
* Experience with bookkeeping process
* Some college, preferred
* Must be proficient in QuickBooks and QuickBooks Payroll, required
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, required
* Strong ability to navigate in a Windows environment
* Comfortability with small office equipment - scanner, fax, copier, postage machine, etc
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Strong prioritization skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Forward-thinking and problem solving
* Must be able to work and find resolutions to obstacles, independently
A high level of confidentiality and professionalism is necessary in this position.
* Compensation commensurate with experience.
* Medical, dental, vision benefits offered.
* 401(K) contribution and matching.
* Paid time off.
Send resume, salary requirements, and schedule availability.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Looking to hire ASAP, so we will respond quickly!