Rich's Proper is looking for enthusiastic and dependable team members to join our kitchen staff. Rich's Proper focuses on Southern & Seafood fare in an upscale casual environment. We have an exposed kitchen, so team members from the front and back of house work in tandem throughout the week.
We are seeking full-time and part-time staff and are looking to hire ASAP. Please include a resume or list of experience and last three positions. We do require some experience, but do train to suit. We are looking for both full-time and part-time.
Job duties include:
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks dishes, such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts in restaurant.
- Inspects and clean food preparation areas or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensures food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Ensures freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carves and trims meats for hot or cold service.
- Consults with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Coordinates and supervises work of kitchen staff.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
We look forward to meeting you and hopefully welcoming you to the team!