Association of Behavior Consultants - East Bay, CA
Job Description: Behavioral Interventionist/Assistant
Want to make a difference in the life of a family? Become a Behavior Assistant, working with children with autism and other developmental delays. This part time position is an opportunity to learn about and apply Applied Behavior Analysis in-home directly to children.The Association of Behavior Consultants is currently seeking new staff members for the behavior assistant position. 1:1 behavior assistants provide direct services to children on the autism spectrum; job responsibilities include but are not limited to: Implementation of all developmental goals; Implementation of preventative and reactive strategies outlined through the BIP; Ongoing evaluation of progress toward goals and objectives; Reporting progress to the Behavior Specialist and/or Clinical Director; Trial by trial data collection on all developmental goals and skills; Frequency/duration and descriptive analysis data on all aberrant behavior; Behavior assistants fall under the direct supervision of a Behavior Specialist, the Clinical Director and the corresponding Area Director.
Position: 1:1 Behavior Assistant, bilingual applicants encouraged to apply but not mandatory.
Areas: East Bay (Oakland, San Leandro, Hayward)
Compensation: $18.00-$25.00 per hour depending upon qualifications.
Hours: Depends upon the needs of our clients (ABC does not guarantee a specific number of hours per week).
Qualifications for this position include:
*BA or BS is REQUIRED* B.A. /B.S., in Psychology, Social Work, Child Development, or related field
* B.C.a.B.A. eligible preferred, but not required
* At least one year of experience working with developmentally delayed populations
* At least one year of experience utilizing Discrete Trials Training within ABA setting
* Clearance of background check, finger prints and T.B.
* Must have own reliable transportation including valid driver’s license and car insurance
* Clearance of health screening
* Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, walk, run, crawl
* Must be able to complete the aforementioned for extended periods of time
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects
* Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team of professionals, and in multiple settings
* Highly organized with files and documentation, and able to turn in paperwork in timely manner