Overview We are looking for a highly motivated, career-focused individual, with the ability to exceed our guests' expectations, to fill the Event Manager position. This position is a hands on role in event preparation and execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: delivery, setup and breakdown of catering food and equipment, preparation of event documents, attendance and participation in production meetings, client communication and follow through, attending offsite client meetings and venue walkthroughs, executing floor plans, coordinating onsite vendor activities, handling oversight of catering and rental equipment, managing onsite staff, and executing event timelines.
● Coordinate event logistics and verify event details with clients. Sales Department, and FOH Manager
● Tour venues when appropriate, compile and send important notes and logistics to Sales
● Build floor plans and logistic notes per event specifics
● Create and send event debriefs with synopsis of event, client satisfaction, team performance, positive and negatives
● Timely communication with colleagues and clients
● On site client liaison responsible for ensuring quality of service and management of client expectations.
● Supervise and delegate tasks for onsite staff, including monitoring schedules and breaks, and administering and submitting staff timesheets
● Packing event equipment for upcoming services
● Loading and unloading catering vehicles
● 1-3 years' experience as an event lead or event manager for a catering and/or wedding planning company.
● College degree preferred or equivalent experience
● Hospitality management or equivalent experience
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
● Polished appearance, manners, and respectful approach
● Highly organized and thrives under pressure
● Maintains a calm demeanor in stressful situations
● Ability to problem solve and demonstrates a sense of urgency to complete tasks
● Excellent organization and time-management skills
● Possess leadership skills with strong attention to detail
● Must be available days, evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed
● Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
● Serve Safe and DOT registration required within first two weeks of hiring
● Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
● The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
At Salt & Honey, we believe every occasion should be a celebration! We are passionate about creating fun, memorable and effortless events. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we service all parts of the greater Bay Area from Napa to Silicon Valley.
Our approach is simple: Take the best ingredients at the height of their season and let them shine. We believe using locally sourced and sustainably raised-and-caught produce, meat and seafood creates the best meals that are satisfying for the palate and responsible for the environment. Our style is driven by the bounty of Northern California, finding inspiration in Mexican, French, Italian and Caribbean flavors.
Our dedicated team believes in sourcing seasonal ingredients, working with professional and service-oriented staff and creating simple, rustic and elegant presentations.
Culture & Perks