Job Description - Line Cook
Position Reports to: Chef, Sous Chef, or Kitchen Manager
The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the kitchen. Will also be responsible for helping to clean and organize kitchen at end of service.
· Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
· Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the company standards.
· Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
· Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
· Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
· May be required to make deliveries and stay onsite for services that require chef
· Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
· English language and professional communications skills are required
· Fluency in Spanish preferred
· Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
· Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
· Must have current ServSafe food handlers card.
· Two years previous catering experience or 3-4 years restaurant prep/line cook experience
· Takes direction well and is a team player
· Must have problem solving abilities, think on feet, be self-motivated, and organized
· Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
· Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
· Must have flexible schedule
· Valid CA driver’s license or equivalent
· Be passionate about their craft
· This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
· Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
· The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
· Must be able to read and understand basic cooking directions.
At Salt & Honey, we believe every occasion should be a celebration! We are passionate about creating fun, memorable and effortless events. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we service all parts of the greater Bay Area from Napa to Silicon Valley.
Our approach is simple: Take the best ingredients at the height of their season and let them shine. We believe using locally sourced and sustainably raised-and-caught produce, meat and seafood creates the best meals that are satisfying for the palate and responsible for the environment. Our style is driven by the bounty of Northern California, finding inspiration in Mexican, French, Italian and Caribbean flavors.
Our dedicated team believes in sourcing seasonal ingredients, working with professional and service-oriented staff and creating simple, rustic and elegant presentations.
Culture & Perks