JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Associate
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
Please read the following in order to avoid application delays:
Oakland Public Education Fund leads the investment of community resources in Oakland public schools so that all students can learn, grow, and thrive. Therefore, our work is to connect public schools with tools, funds, and volunteers. Learn more about our work at .
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Associate will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the Accounting department by executing daily, weekly, monthly, and year-end tasks. Performs routine bookkeeping and financial record keeping operations within internal accounting systems. Verify the correctness of accounting documents; respond to inquiries and provide financial information; organize electronic files and source documents and perform related duties as required.
1) Check the Expenses in Submitted Stage in Salesforce daily and review the Payment Request Forms against backup, backup should match with the payment Request forms.
2) On Payment Request Forms review coding, fund, GL account, funder, program, project, and amount or any discrepancy.
3) Send Payment Request Forms that meet the above requirements to the Project Administrator for approval.
4) Enter from Salesforce Chief Financial Officer’s approved Payment Request Forms in Intacct.
5) Send emails to clients for any discrepancies regarding Payment Request Forms.
6) Request W9 and upload in Intacct vendor’s file. 7) Set up Amazon accounts.
8) Create Payment Request Forms for office.
PROVIDE BACKUP SUPPORT FOR THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS:
1) Identify transactions
2) Record journal entries
3) Post ledger entries
4) Review unadjusted Trial Balance
5) Post adjusting entries
6) Review adjusted trial balance
7) Produce financial statements for review and
8) Close all sub-ledgers and general ledgers.
The Oakland Public Education Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We also know that great candidates can bring skills to The Ed Fund that we haven't thought of just yet, and who won't fit everything we've described above. If this is you, don't hesitate to apply. Tell us what unique contributions you can offer. We are dedicated to improving our organization and know that part of it means to better reflect the people we serve. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
The Oakland Public Education Fund leads the development and investment of community resources in Oakland public schools so that all students can learn, grow, and thrive.
The Ed Fund is the only organization raising money for all Oakland public schools. In the last five years, we have raised over $60 million for programs that help students thrive. We put the right tools in students’ hands to give all kids the excellent education they deserve.
We support all Oakland public schools—both District-run and charter—with a focus on those furthest from opportunity, because kids who come to school with less need more.
Comprehensive Benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick time accrual. Other potential benefits include parking, mentorship, and access to technology (i.e. laptop computer), etc.
101+ team members
Culture & Perks