Tuckers Ice Cream General Manager PositionJob Description-Tuckers is an independent home-made ice cream shop that is part of the fabric of Alameda, CA. The ideal candidate understands the importance of being part of this iconic brand, and has a passion for all things ice cream, especially our signature Super Creamed Ice Cream. The Tuckers GM is customer oriented and excited to go the extra mile to create smiles for our community and employees. The GM will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsible for the day to day operations of the store and ice cream production, including supervising, staffing, scheduling, training and catering.Requirements –5 + years experience in a fast-paced food service industry2+ years managerial experienceHospitality/Culinary degree or equivalentServSafe certifiedMust be available to work weekendsEssential Duties and Responsibilities-• Inspire our team to take care of each other and the customer by fostering a hospitality culture.
• Hire and manage the employee team, including performance evaluations and corrective actions as warranted.
• Maintain a culture of open communication and constant feedback.
• Create weekly schedules to staff the retail floor/production floor and catering events.
• Anticipate seasonal staffing needs, and plan accordingly.
• Track and order inventory as needed.
• Manage production schedules.
• Train employees on proper sanitation and food handling. Monitor sanitation and food handling through appropriate observation and checklists.
• Train employees on: o Customer service o Cash/payment handling o Order taking o Opening and closing duties o Ice cream store positions – cashier, scooper, dining room etc.• Responsible for cash management and accuracy – counting cash registers at opening and close and ensuring deposits are properly made.• Responsible for payroll management and input as directed.1349 Park St. Alameda California 94501 Tuckersicecream.com (510) 522-4960• Responsible for management of accounts payable approvals for payment.
• Create/follow operational procedures for cash handling, safety and security to ensure the safety of all employees.
• Verify and enter employee time sheets.
• Open and close store.
• Maintain a clean, welcoming and comfortable dining environment.
• Maintain food cost targets through proper portion control.
• Create an environment that promotes productivity and teamwork.
• Set the work experience tone by leading through example, being ready to jump in and perform any job.
• Have a ‘hands on’ attitude toward management.
• Ability to be interrupt driven while still maintaining a smooth shift and positive leadership.
• Use/create checklists and tools for consistent product and store operations management.
• Communicate clearly and often with employees and customers about what is working and what needs improvement.
• Conduct regular meetings with crew and ownership.
• Work with ownership to improve overall operations and assess marketing initiatives impact.• Perform other duties as required and directed. Note that this position may be changed or modified to meet business demands.Attributes-• Culturally in tune with the importance of managing this Iconic community brand.
• Fluent in English – reading, writing and speaking.
• Excellent people skills – o Ability to work with employees in all aspects of the GM role, from mentor/peer to manager/owner. o High customer orientation. o Ability and motivation to lead others, from in front, and from behind. Sets the tone for constant improvement and learning.
• Communication skills – o Ability to have conversations (sometimes difficult ones) with staff as well as owners. o Ability to communicate situationally – being directive or coaching as warranted.• Flexible and curious – exhibits an always learning attitude.
• Ability to work and thrive in a sometimes pressure filled environment. Exhibits patience and organizational skill when stressed.
• Must be organized and have strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to think, communicate and act while ‘on their feet’.
• “Quarterback” skills – ability to manage the details, while being able to anticipate and plan for future requirements.
• Ability to manage multiple situations at the same time. Thinking and communicating in each clearly.
• Must have high stamina, resilience, outgoing personality and the ability to be engaged with customers, staff and operational management for a full non-stop fast paced shift.
• Systems Requirements: o Knowledgeable and comfortable with computers, software. o Fast learner with POS systems, scheduling and inventory software. o Able to track and order supplies, handle invoices and orders.1349 Park St. Alameda California 94501 Tuckersicecream.com (510) 522-4960o Understands and reinforces HR rules.
• Valid Drivers License and clean driving record.
• Reliable vehicle.• ADA Requirements:
Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds with some frequency, and 10 to 25 pounds frequently.
Ability to stand on their feet for long periods of time, daily.
Talking/Hearing – ability to speak clearly and listen attentively.
Grasping, leaning, stretching, reaching, scooping, bending, leaning, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, climbing stairs.
Ability to work in cold environments.
Ability to work around occasional wet, slippery floors and surfaces.
Ability to continuously work with other people.
Ability to climb and descend stairs, multiple times a day.
Repetitive use of hands and arms.
Visual acuity to recognize workplace safety and surroundings, as well as determine accuracy of work assigned. Tucker’s Ice Cream is an equal opportunity employer. We endeavor to place the best available person in every assignment, and our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, or any other protected status.1349 Park St. Alameda California 94501 Tuckersicecream.com (510) 522-4960Job Type: Full-time Pay: $55,000.00 - $58,000.00 per yearCOVID-19 considerations:
All team members are screened for COVID-19 daily. Increased cleaning. Orders are to-go, customers order outside, they do not come in the store, and they must wear masks while ordering and picking up their ice cream at the designated front window areas.
Marshall Tucker started Tucker's ice cream in 1941 in Alameda California. It has passed through 4 families. It is currently owned and operated by The Zimmerman and Cook families.
We have been voted best of Alameda for many years. We are well known for our diverse flavor selection for every age and throwback desserts.
Tucker's Ice Cream is a family owned and operated establishment. We starting make super creamed ice cream in 1941 and haven't stopped since. Perks: -Flexible schedules -Discounts -Tips -401k Plans for eligible employees
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks