PEERS 8393 Capwell Drive, Suite 240Oakland, CA 94621
JOB TITLE: Program Assistant (Transitional Age Youth Program)
Reports to: Programs Manager
Pay Range: $20 per hour
Status: Hourly – Non-exempt employee with benefits
The Program Assistant works closely with the Program Coordinator and will be responsible for: co-planning and co-facilitating TAY Leadership Club (TLC) groups &Wellness Workshops, participating in youth meetings, researching resources &opportunities available to members of our TLC, support recruitment & outreach events designed to empower youth, increase socialization, and increase youth & young adults understanding of self-wellness.
● Complete admin tasks and post group work for all TAY program activities.
● Co-facilitate TLC meetings, Wellness Workshops, and other TAY program events.
● Attend POCC TAY meetings and support POCC TAY goals for TAY engagement.
● Participate in recruitment for TAY Leadership Club Members.
● Provide resources to TAY Leadership Club Members as needed.
● Record detailed notes during TAY Team Meetings and maintain organized the files within TAY Program Google drive.
● Sustain programs that hold high integrity of the cultural foundation, including ethnicities, life experiences, gender(s), sexuality, socio-economic status, age, etc.
● Build relationships with community partners and develop new partnerships.
SPECIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, and COMPETENCY FACTORS:
Experience as a mental health consumer and/or family member is at the core of our mission and vision. We are seeking someone who understands that we are a peer-run and operated organization that honors lived experience as an expertise in the field of mental health.
● Commitment to demonstrating the mission, vision, and values of PEERS.
● Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) facilitator preferred (or willing to be trained).
● Written and oral communication skills.
● Public speaking, presenting, and group facilitation skills (or willingness to be trained).
● Possession of necessary skills and experience to successfully coordinate all aspects of a program and manage transition-age youth.
● Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse teams and individuals.
● Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and meet project deadlines and expectations.
● Possession of a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and car (will need to transport TAY and attend off-site events outside of Alameda County).
● Spanish language skills are a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTINGS
● PEERS is an innovative, mental health consumer-driven organization with strong ties to the community.
● PEERS employees are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
● Program headquarters is a standard office setting on the second floor of a multi-story building, requiring the use of an elevator for access. It is an environment with diverse populations routinely coming in for workshops or training.
● Business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, with some weekends and evenings.
Please complete ALL application steps below to be considered for this position. This position will remain open until June 30, 2021.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and supplemental questionnaire (see below) via this link
by June 30, 2021.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
PEERS is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving underrepresented communities, and we encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. People of color, women, transgender people, LGBQI people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
PEERS 8393 Capwell Drive, Suite 240, Oakland, CA 94621Phone: 510-832-7337 Fax: 510-452-1645
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks