Full Job Description
Join our team! If you would like full-time employment, Artist & Craftsman Supply in Downtown Los Angeles is seeking a Store Manager! Our ideal candidate has past retail experience, is a dedicated team player, has a friendly demeanor and a willingness to learn.
The Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of an Artist & Craftsman Supply Store.
Salary: from $58,240 a year
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise the Assistant Store Manager, Store Sales Associates and all other members of the store staff
- Recruit, hire and train new employees as necessary
- Periodically evaluate all store staff to ensure continual development of staff
- Take disciplinary action as necessary
- Shift supervision, including opening and closing the store, managing payroll, creating weekly schedule, staff tasks and duties assigned on a daily basis
- Timely processing of inter-company communications and forms and payroll reporting
- Drive revenue by ensuring associates are providing customers with outstanding customer service, helpful product knowledge, building individual customer relationships and handling all customer contacts in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- Coordination of merchandise set ups, layout changes, and ability to implement and maintain the store inventory and ensure the maintenance of the standards of goods
- Provide input to the Regional Manager concerning customer needs, new products, competition and pricing.
- Adhere to Company budgets and other financial objectives where established
- Ensure compliance to all Company policies and procedures, loss prevention initiatives, and operational controls including compliance with local, state and federal policies, procedures and requirements
- Maintain a regular routine of maintenance and housekeeping to ensure safety of associates, customers, and protection of company assets.
- Responsible for overseeing special assignments and engaging in particular daily operations like buying, outreach, scheduling store maintenance or any and all day-to-day operations
- Work with Home Office Department Managers to execute necessary functions, maintain and improve the Store’s physical location, promote A&C’s business in the community and online, and follow company policy
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school degree, diploma or GED-Equivalent required
- Bachelors’ Degree or an Associate Degree in the Fine Arts or any other related field is preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in the retail industry, preferably in a management position
- Customer focus
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good judgment
- Communication skills
- Information management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Exposure to Microsoft Office
- Retail software experience a plus
- Employee-Owned Company
- Health/Dental/Vision Benefits for Full Time
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays for Full Time
- Employee Discount
This job operates mainly in a retail store environment. Employee will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing/COVID-19 guidelines. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend, reach, climb, grasp and key at a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, speak and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Travel RequirementsThis position requires travel to annual Company Retreats.
How to Apply
To be considered for this job, send your resume titled "Lastname.Firstname.Resume" and a cover letter introducing yourself, how your skills apply to working here, and indicate your availability. No phone calls please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you!
Artist & Craftsman Supply is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.