This position is responsible for the proper storage and movement of all property while maintaining warehouse procedures and organizational standards. Property movement includes, but is not limited to: setup and takedown of antique & modern furniture; installation and de-installation of fine art; moving and preparing items for photography; setting-up auctions, clinics & special events; assisting clients with pick-up and delivery of items.
In your role as Crew Member you will be required to carry out the following:
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Receive incoming shipments by checking condition and moving property to safe storage locations while maintaining barcode scanning procedures
• Unload/load trucks while maintaining proper paperwork & inventory procedures
• Unpack & pack fragile items carefully while maintaining proper inventory procedures
• Assist photographers by preparing and moving property onto and off of photo sets, returning property to warehouse inventory locations
• Assist customers with pick-up and delivery of items while maintaining proper inventory and release procedures ensuring correct and complete deliveries.
• Maintain company security procedures and standard operating procedures
• Maintain warehouse inventory standards
• Maintain forklift and other moving equipment
• Safely move and store display equipmentPreviews:
• Set up - move wall panels, display cases & pedestals and setup property (furniture, rugs, paintings, etc.) for gallery quality presentations
• Adjust lights
In addition to the tasks and responsibilities listed, you may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your Manager.Required Skills
• 1-year experience handling fine art or antique furniture desired
• Ability to perform physical tasks including: lifting, pushing, pulling items using proper lifting/moving techniques – minimum weight lifting capability of 40 lbs
• The ability to safely lift and maneuver large furniture items with the appropriate furniture moving equipment, and with assistance from other crew staff as needed
• Ability to utilize appropriate lifting and moving equipment (i.e., pallet jack, hand truck, etc.)
• Forklift certification or ability to pass a forklift certification
• Ability to work overtime, as required, to meet auction schedule deadlines
• Good communication skills, and ability to work with a variety of personalities
If you think you meet the above criteria, send your CV and cover letter to the HR Team via email to Recruitment. Please use Crew Member, Los Angeles, in the subject line.
Bonhams is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Bonhams has a heritage and reputation for connoisseurship and bespoke service known throughout the world. Founded in London in 1793, we are the sole remaining international auction house that is privately owned and in British hands. We hold more than 400 specialist sales a year in 60 different categories at our flagship salerooms in London, New York, Los Angeles, and Hong Kong.
Bonhams is a privately owned international auction house. Founded in 1793, it is one of the world's largest and most renowned auctioneers of fine art and antiques, motor cars and jewelry.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks