Net Impact is looking of an Operations Associate who is excited to use their technical aptitude to our high-performing team. Reporting to the Associate Director, Systems, the Associate will become a key member of the operations team. They will be responsible for supporting all aspects of operations, office management, information technology, systems and platform administrative support.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, organized, and a resourceful team player driven by achievement. Hands-on individuals who have proven to be a systems-oriented thinker and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team will excel in this position.
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.
Office Management (50%)
• Support in office and materials management, including managing vendor relationships, to ensure the office has the supplies, technology, and resources needed
• Manage office computer (staff use) systems administration and oversight, including relationship with IT vendor
• Support Net Impact general operation in remote working environment to ensure staff has adequate supplies, technology and resources needed
• Support the development and execution of Net Impact response plan in crisis
• Coordinate and support org-wide safety training to ensure staff awareness of roles and responsibility and proper course of action in emergencies
Business Operations (50%)
• Support cross-team business operational needs, including but not limited to invoice processing, check deposit, reception, mail oversight, and organizations email inbox.
• Assist staff in troubleshooting technology, systems support, and facilities issues
• Create and manage systems and procedures to ensure operational processes are continuously improved upon
• Support the management of legal, insurance, and other operational documents, policies, and procedures to ensure a safe and legally compliant working environment
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
• 1 to 2 years of related work experience (could be concurrent with school)
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic deadline-driven environment, as well as, being adaptable to change
• Creative problem-solver with high standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
• Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives
• Enthusiasm for optimizing processes and team culture development
• Shows great personal discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong servant leadership attitude and enjoys helping others
• Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world
Please send the following application materials directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Operations Associate) in the subject line of your email.
1) Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications
3) Salary expectations
Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office will remain closed for staff upon request until it is safe to resume regular operations, at which point the Operations Associate will need to be present in Oakland, CA, USA. Net Impact continually assesses COVID risk, market convention related to work locale policies.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $54,000 to $56,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks