Bonhams is an international auction house, founded in 1793, which holds more than 400 specialist sales a year in 60 different categories at our flagship salerooms in London, New York, Los Angeles, and Hong Kong. We are seeking a passionate and energetic Client Services Administrator to join our Client Services team in Los Angeles, CA, on a full-time basis, to provide an outstanding experience to our visitors and clients. We are looking for individuals who are positive, quick problem-solvers who thrive in a busy and highly visible role, have a passion for the arts and are looking to gain an excellent foundation for understanding how an international auction house appraises works of art, builds client relationships and conducts its auctions.
· Manage the front desk and ensure that the lobby area is always clean and tidy
· Ensure that our visitors and clients feel acknowledged, welcomed, and well informed, and are quickly connected to appropriate Bonhams department and staff members should they have any inquiries
· Stay informed and aware of the preview and auction schedule for each of our locations
· Service client queries by phone, team email inbox, and in person quickly and accurately
· Assist with pre and post-sale administration, before and during auction, taking and entering absentee bids, and processing internet bids and web related queries
· Manage client's accounts, updating internal systems with client details and ensuring appropriate ID is on file
· Engage in cashiering responsibilities, such as handling cash and recording payments accurately, and balancing sales
· Supply Bonhams shipping quotes and coordinate with the operations and shipping departments for collections
· Be flexible with your schedule, as this role provides support during special events, sale previews and offsite auctions
· Maintain a supply of current auction details and schedule at the front counter
· Oversee the opening and closing of the lobby daily
· Support new hire and ongoing training initiatives
· Be available and interested in assisting with ad-hoc projects as they arise
· Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 year’s relevant work experience
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
· Great attention to detail and consistent, proactive, internal and external communication
· Excellent demonstration of first-class customer service skills and experience dealing with a diverse range of people
· A positive team player who is able to maintain knowledge of departments, personnel, names and titles of senior management and executive officers, as well as branch locations
· Possess a genuine interest and thorough knowledge of art history and art market
· Proficiency in Microsoft and Outlook programs and database software
· Must be flexible to cover a fluid and growing sales schedule, inclusive of evenings and weekends
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email at Recruitment.us@Bonhams.com, with ‘Administrator, Client Services -LA,’ in the subject line.
In addition to an active and progressive work environment, Bonhams offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement plans with a company match, flexible spending accounts and commuter benefits. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer a generous vacation policy.
Bonhams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Bonhams has a heritage and reputation for connoisseurship and bespoke service known throughout the world. Founded in London in 1793, we are the sole remaining international auction house that is privately owned and in British hands. We hold more than 400 specialist sales a year in 60 different categories at our flagship salerooms in London, New York, Los Angeles, and Hong Kong.
Bonhams is a privately owned international auction house. Founded in 1793, it is one of the world's largest and most renowned auctioneers of fine art and antiques, motor cars and jewelry.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks