We’re looking for an AWESOME culinary teammate to join our highly productive, talented and tight-knit pastry team, working with Chef and Culinary Director, Brooke Mosley! The full-time Pastry Prep Cook position is located in the hip Mission district of San Francisco.
Under the guidance of Chef Brooke, we develop and scale each recipe in our commissary kitchen and make everything from our waffle cones, to our brownies, to our sauces from scratch!
Perks? Of course! We offer competitive pay, medical, dental and vision benefits in addition to ice cream (duh!). Additionally, we pride ourselves on offering a tremendous leadership and learning opportunity, with thorough training and mentorship. Working hours expectation: 7 AM – 3 PM, and weekday and weekend shifts are available. The commissary kitchen location is co-located with our central corporate office, so the kitchen team is interwoven with the leadership team, giving the culinary team the recognition and respect it deserves!
What we offer:
- Highly competitive pay!
- An entrepreneurial work environment where you can have an impact on a local, San Francisco-based, growing company.
- A mentorship committed to training and helping you to thrive within the company.
- A welcoming and supportive team where diversity and creativity are valued.
- Medical, health and dental coverage.
- You have a passion for food, take pride in your work and strive for perfection.
- You have an excellent work ethic and work with efficiency and precision.
- You come to work with high energy, a can-do spirit and an ability to add to a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Love of baking and experience baking is a huge plus!
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Prepare ice cream bases, bakeshop items and other menu items daily, using the highest-quality ingredients and preparation techniques.
- Prepare fresh fruits, herbs and other add-ins to meet our daily production needs.
- Ensure all product quality and food safety standards are upheld during and after production.
- Keep a high standard of cleanliness by maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Work with Chef Brooke Mosley to test and scale recipes.
- 6 months of kitchen experience
- Baking experience and love of baking preferred
- Able to lift up to 50lbs (bags of flour are heavy!)
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours at time
- Available to start as early as 7:00am and open to working one weekend day/week
- Up-to-date food handlers card
- Authorized to work in the United States
Smitten® is a pledge to ice cream. We serve the freshest, smoothest scoops made with only unprocessed, real, locally sourced ingredients — fresh-churned by Smitten’s one-of-a-kind Brrr® ice cream machine.
In 2009, on a mission to reengineer ice cream from the ground up, founder and CEO Robyn Sue Fisher invented and patented her own ice cream machine that could churn ultra-smooth scoops in about 90 seconds. She put Smitten® on the map when she placed her custom-built “Brrr®” machine atop a Radio Flyer wagon and started selling her churned-to-order ice cream on the streets of San Francisco to the crowds that gathered, soon building a cult-like following.
Touted by Vogue as “The freshest, if not the best, ice cream on Earth,” and featured in a vast array of media, from Food & Wine and Forbes to Wired and TechCrunch, Smitten is setting the bar for mastery of the perfect scoop. Smitten® is available at five popular retail shops in Northern California and for delivery nationwide.
Robyn Sue and the Smitten® crew continue to trailblaze the path of making fresh ice cream with the highest integrity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
At Smitten Ice Cream, we are makers through and through – from our flavors right down to our ice cream machines, we make it all. Because we believe that ice cream can and should be better. Hell no status quo.
We’re reinventing the ice cream experience by churning each scoop to-order, from scratch, using the freshest, purest ingredients and patented liquid nitrogen-enabled technology. From our founder’s early days on the streets of San Francisco (literally) to our family of scoop shops across the Bay Area and Los Angeles, we’ve been challenging the status quo from Day 1. And we’re just getting started.
51-100 team members
Culture & Perks