Job Title: Payroll/Accounting Associate
Location: 2012 Pine Street, San Francisco, CA 94115
compensation: Full Time, (40 hrs/wk), Non-Exempt including benefits.
Japanese Community Youth Council (JCYC) is a non-profit 501c(3) agency which annually serves 6,000 children and youth from all ethnic backgrounds through numerous programs including preschool, employment training and placement, substance abuse prevention and educational advising. For more info about JCYC, go to www.jcyc.org.
The Payroll/Accounting Associate's primary responsibilities are to process payroll using ADP software for over 1,000 employees (summer seasonal) across functional areas with varying pay cycles. Other related functions include maintaining ADP employee and timecard databases, trouble-shooting employee payroll issues, reconciling payroll related general ledger accounts, overseeing quarterly and year-end reporting and serving as communications liaison to/from ADP. This position will report directly to the Fiscal Director. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Process semi-monthly payroll, and review youth employment training bi-weekly payroll using ADP while adhering to strict time lines for file transmissions, payroll funding and benefit payments to vendors;
· Ensure hourly and salaried timecards are reasonable, properly approved and interfaced to pay records; resolve discrepancies;
· Maintain ADP database and monitor quarterly filings; serve as liaison to ADP for employee payroll inquiries;
· Write ADP custom reports to prepare for various reporting and on-line payroll related vendor payment submissions;
· Monitor and review accruals and balances for employee vacation and other time-off; reconciles payroll liability;
· Coordinate with Human Resources on new hires, terminations, and family leave;
· Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions;
· Adhere to company policies and procedures; maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures;
· Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential;
· Understand and communicate to staff the ADP notices for any new regulations and requirements; train employees as needed;
· Respond to FTB requests for information; support Affordable Care Act compliance;
· Assist with payroll, financial and other agency audits;
Cash receipts and deposits;
Support accounts payable functions;
General ledger account reconciliations;
Assist with monthly invoices and reconcile to ledger;
Analyze actual program revenue to budget and provide analysis to program on assigned programs;
Regulatory and management reporting assistance;
Other accounting and administrative duties as directed by Fiscal Director.
· Participate in JCYC meetings, activities, committees, conferences, retreats, etc., as appropriate;
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks;
· Perform related duties as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent from a U.S. accredited university
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience as the primary processor for high volume payroll transactions. Expertise with ADP WorkforceNow (or similar payroll system) and Time & Attendance electronic timecards preferred. Other accounting experience a plus.
Strong knowledge of federal, state and local reporting issues related to payroll;
Experience with employer paid benefits and employee selected deductions;
Consistent use of ADP (or similar) system, MS Word and Excel; technology savvy a plus
Strong aptitude for customer service, attention to detail and verbal/written communication skills;
Ability to trouble-shoot, problem-solve and multi-task; work independently and in a team setting;
Working understanding of U.S. GAAP;
Passion for JCYC’s mission and program work.
How to Apply
Please no phone calls! Applicants MUST submit ALL of the following: 1) desired salary and cover letter 2) resume by February 11, 2021. Application by email is highly encouraged. Email payrollassociate AT jcyc.org or fax (415) 921-1841.
PLEASE NOTE: Japanese Community Youth Council (JCYC) actively seeks to hire and promote individuals, recruit volunteers and provide services to individuals without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious creed, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or presence of non-job related conditions or disabilities. All employees of the JCYC participate in a criminal background investigation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
JCYC’s mission is to cultivate and enrich the lives of children and youth from diverse, multi-cultural communities throughout San Francisco and beyond. Through a continuum of services, JCYC programs can support children and youth from the time they start pre-school until they are ready to move onto college. In addition to providing direct services, JCYC has also organized and continues to lead some of the largest and most successful youth collaborations in San Francisco.
Culture & Perks