Position: Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Closing Date: Open till filled
Status: Regular, Full Time, Non- Exempt
Wage: $16.51per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Location: Santa Rosa
: The CHD/disABILITY Services Adult Development Program includes various approaches to day services for adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities. Our main focus is the UpLink program, a community-based day program focused on vocational training, community integration, situational learning opportunities, and social supports. We also provide a licensed day program focused on educational enrichment, skills training, direct supervision, and community integration. We are dedicated to person centered planning and work with each individual in our program to promote independence and self-direction. We offer a range of classes covering topics such as job readiness, creative artistic development, health and wellness, safety awareness, and other basic educational courses. We also emphasize the greater community as our primary classroom in order to offer social integration, natural learning environments and enjoyable recreational activities by transporting clients to various locations.
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) provides daily instruction and is responsible for training and direct care of adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities. The DSP implements Person Centered support plans that enables each participant to reach his or her personalized goals. The DSP works within a teamwork environment; they must be able to treat all individuals with dignity and respect and be able to listen actively to the individuals supported. The DSP works in community and employment settings to provide the supports needed for success. The person in this position works daily as a positive role model with persons with disabilities, including but not limited to intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health, traumatic brain injuries, cerebral palsy, hearing and visual impairments, and physical disabilities.
Education and/or Experience
· High school graduate or GED and must be age 18 years or older. · Basic Sign Language or bi-lingual in Spanish, a plus.
· Sufficient professional and/or personal experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge and abilities to work with persons with disabilities.
· Experience with conflict resolution and positive behavior support techniques desirable.
· One-year related experience in customer service/social services/human resources is highly desirable.
· Eight (8) years of verifiable driving experience.
· Must pass CCL fingerprint clearance.
See full job description on our website: http://californiahumandevelopment.org/about-chd/employment-opportunities/
· Submit your résumé or application to email@example.com or fax to 707.542.7479
· Applications can be downloaded from our website at www.cahumandevelopment.orghttp://californiahumandevelopment.org/about-chd/employment-opportunities/
· Please reference Job Title when submitting your application/résumé.
· Cover letters may be included with your submission, but please do not include letters of reference/recommendation or other supporting documents.
· Continuous recruitments may close without notice at any time that a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
California Human Development (CHD) is a non-profit organization and a leader in the War on Poverty for nearly five decades. First inspired in service to our state’s farmworkers, CHD now serves people of low income from many walks of life—giving 25,000 people a year in 31 Northern California counties a hand up in pursuit of the American Dream.
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks