We are a small, family-owned and operated business and are looking for a motivated, detail oriented, and proactive, creative thinker to join our team as an assistant store manager. We have two stores, (kids/baby + adult/gift) adjacent and connected by an open walkway.
Overview: Support owner/management in achieving goals such as maintaining store standards, setting a standard for exceptional customer service, keeping stores organized, tidy, and well-merchandised, ensuring products are properly priced and easily located, helping with shipment receiving and accurately maintaining inventory records, and more.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate product knowledge (our own brand and other brands) and ensure other staff is also knowledgeable.
- Understands, follows, teaches, and enforces company policies and procedures including store safety standards, back of house standards, stock, sales and HR policies
- Solution oriented. Address problems proactively and with potential solutions
- Maintain a leadership presence on the sales floor
- Ensure cash handling and register procedures are maintained and executed accurately at all times
- Coach and develop retail associates to meet store goals
- Reinforce customer service principles by coaching staff on their successes and challenges.
- Ensure an elevated level of sales and services is practiced by all associates. Lead by example.
- Maintain store, including visual merchandise presentation and general store maintenance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain an inclusive, fair, warm work environment
- Assist management in planning for receipt of shipments
- Ensures the store is running efficiently and able to proactively troubleshoot obstacles.
- 1-2 years retail sales experience with 1 year in a management role preferred
- Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
- Basic product knowledge and/or the ability to learn
- Effective planning and time management skills to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to be mobile and standing on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift at least 40lbs, carry , push, pull, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb, crawl, reach, and bend
- Full time associates are expected to have open availability. Associates must be available for the entire holiday season (November and December).
Education: College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
Reports to: Owner
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Health insurance stipend
- Paid time off
- Mornings, Evenings
- Some holidays
- 5 day work week
- Personal protective equipment required for all staff, customers, vendors
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing and reduced customer capacity guidelines in place
- limited staff per store at a time
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place