Provide for the effective maintenance and upkeep of all VV warehouse structures, grounds and equipment in an environmentally sound manner to maximize efficiency of operations and ensure employee comfort and safety. This is a hands-on position which performs and supervises the work.
· Coordinate and perform all maintenance and repair activities pertaining to the facilities and related equipment including: dock equipment, refrigeration rooms, refrigeration mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, solar equipment, fire/life/safety and kitchen
· Supervise 1 Maintenance Mechanic; plan work schedules, assign duties, communicate job expectations and monitor the work to assure accurate and timely completion
· Coordinate and oversee activities of all third-party contractors; determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities
· Provide for and manage facility grounds upkeep and improvement
· Plan for, budget, schedule and oversee all facility modifications and upgrades
· Call for, acquire and maintain requested warehouse certifications and inspections to ensure VV’s compliance with federal, state and local regulations
· Take charge of all facilities emergencies; take corrective action and ensure appropriate back-up is available as needed
· Identify and pursue opportunities to ensure that all warehouse systems and building materials set the standard for energy efficiency and resource conservation, demonstrating VV’s reputation as an environmentally progressive company
· Initiate and carry out projects that improve operational efficiency and employee safety.
· 3+ years of hands-on maintenance experience, preferably in refrigerated food storage & distribution.
· Experience with and knowledge of Refrigeration Management Systems, and Fire/Life/Safety systems
· Experience with and knowledge of material handling systems
· Knowledge of basic mechanical machinery and repair of same
· Knowledge of architecture design development, construction documents, and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) engineering specifications
· Knowledge of GREEN building certifications, specifications and best practices
· Knowledge of safety principles and best practices in a warehouse environment
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and project management databases
· Use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs a plus
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be an insurable driver
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Ability to consistently lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance and 55 lbs. – 70 lbs. with assistance
· Ability to operate equipment used in semiskilled trades, forklift, power and hand tools, etc.
· Must be able to stand, walk, bend, climb, crawl and perform a variety of other physical functions on a consistent basis
· Must be able to work in varying environments including the ability to withstand cold temperatures with proper protective clothing for long periods of time
As an organic produce distributor with 40 years of experience, Veritable Vegetable purchases, transports and supplies the highest quality organic fruits and vegetables on the market. We actively improve the sustainable food system by supporting organic farmers, increasing access to fresh produce, strengthening communities and cultivating a fair and dynamic workplace. What makes us unique is our commitment to running the business based on values rather than the bottom line. We believe in using the power of business to solve social and environmental challenges and have been certified as a B Corporation. Our company culture stresses high integrity relationships, quality produce, minimal environmental impact and active involvement in the community.
101+ team members
Culture & Perks