Status: Full Time; Non-Exempt
Hours: 8.30am-5.00pm Monday – Friday; Overtime & weekend work required occasionally
This position is responsible for a variety of essential shipping and operations functions, which includes both administrative assignments and physical “hands-on” tasks. While ultimately assigned to the Shipping Department, this is a hybrid role vital to bridging the sub-departments under the Operations department umbrella, those being the Shipping Department, Operations Department, and Client Services Department.
In your role as Shipping Coordinator you will be required to carry out the following key tasks and responsibilities:
· Coordinating interoffice shipments: creating consignments, liaising internally with departments, scheduling and working closely with 3rd party shippers, maintaining property staging areas, scanning property in/out, taking pictures of property to document condition, overseeing releasing/receiving of shipments.
· Performing in-house packing & shipping: packing (of catalogues, interoffice mail, IT equipment, etc.) to professional standards, creating shipping labels via the FedEx portal, generating EEI numbers for int’l shipments via the ACE portal, overseeing releasing of parcels.
· Overseeing collections of sold lots: comparing 3rd party item-lists against internal release paperwork for accuracy, solving discrepancies, pulling & staging lot ahead of collections, preparing release paperwork, and taking photographs to document conditions.
· Assisting with international shipments: under guidance of the Shipping Manager - reviewing Pro-forma Invoices and Airway Bills for accuracy, assigning HTS classifications, working alongside Customs brokers and freight forwarders, and completing any necessary shipping documentation.
· Soliciting shipping quotes: issuing shipping requests to an array of shipping companies in-order to obtain quotes for services pertaining to the jobs at-hand; and presenting quotes to the proper parties for review & approval.
· Filing damage/loss claims: liaising between shipping companies, internal departments, and clients to gather details surrounding damages/losses, and to generally assist with the claims process.
· Maintaining records and images: responsible for physical/digital organizing and storing of records pertaining to int’l imports, released property, and for pictures taken of released property.
· Stocking & ordering supplies: keeping track of stocked packing-materials and office supplies; and ordering more inventory as needed in-order to maintain a functional office.
· Working overtime & weekends: able to assist outside the normal work-schedule as the workload requires.
· Carrying-out supplemental duties & responsibilities: in addition to the tasks and responsibilities listed, you may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your Manager.
· 3-4 years’ experience or equivalent required; College degree preferred.
· Computer proficiency using the Microsoft 365 software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, To-Do, OneNote OneDrive); and basic database queries and tasks.
· Knowledge of international shipping best practices, and due diligence.
· Detail-oriented and possessing excellent communication skills, including fluency in reading, writing, speaking & comprehending English in-order to effectively communicate with internal departments and clients.
· A strong ability to work independently and within deadlines.
· Capable of performing physical tasks including lifting, pushing, pulling items using proper lifting/moving techniques.
· Familiarity using (or willingness to learn) power tools, and lifting-equipment such as a forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck.
· Potential to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
Bonhams has a heritage and reputation for connoisseurship and bespoke service known throughout the world. Founded in London in 1793, we are the sole remaining international auction house that is privately owned and in British hands. We hold more than 400 specialist sales a year in 60 different categories at our flagship salerooms in London, New York, Los Angeles, and Hong Kong.
Bonhams is a privately owned international auction house. Founded in 1793, it is one of the world's largest and most renowned auctioneers of fine art and antiques, motor cars and jewelry.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks