Join the team at Mariposa Baking Company and be part of a successful, women-owned, certified-green, artisan-crafted gluten-free bakery in North Oakland.
The dishwasher/janitorial is a key position on each shift. This person makes sure dishes are being continuously cleaned, rinsed and sanitized and as things move into the dish pit, they’re getting washed properly for being put back clean into the bakery. You must have a great attitude, willingness to learn and you should have experience in dishwashing. The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Wash, rinse sanitize dishes, utensils, sheet pans and mixing bowls, etc.
• Put things away in their proper location
• Keep the kitchen clean by deep cleaning where needed
• Restock paper supplies
• Take out the garbage, recycling and compost regularly
• Maintain the cleanliness of customer bathroom and restock supplies as needed
• Due to COVID, frequent sanitizing of door knobs, surface areas, etc. throughout the bakery
• Decontaminate the bakery with a virucide
• Mop the kitchen regularly and do any other cleaning or janitorial duties in the bakery
• Participate in weekly Production and Safety Meetings
• Work well with others and being able to be a strong team member and a collaborator in the team
• Other sanitation and janitorial duties as assigned for the successful operation of the Bakery
Tuesday thru Saturday
7:30am – 3:30pm
• 100% reliability is a must
• Dishwashing experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Food Handler Card (or could obtain one within 30 days of hire)
• Strong ability to work well with people
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
• Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental Benefits (20+ hours), 401k Plan and Work/Life Balance Culture
• Ability to stand on your feet for an entire shift
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
• Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 25 pounds
• Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
The first 3 months are a trial/training period and upon successful completion of that period, we would determine any changes to the schedule and job responsibilities. Note – Time off is not permitted during the months of November and December.
Our start was simple. Patti Furey Crane, Mariposa's founder, craved high-quality sweets while pregnant with her first child. Finding few options at the time, she set to baking them herself. And so, in 2004, Mariposa was hatched. Mariposa's mission – create wholesome, hand-crafted food using the finest natural ingredients.
We have a passion for – the baked goods we make, the creative journey we’re on, and the communities we serve. Thank you for being a part of our story…
Culture & Perks