Join the team at Mariposa Baking Company and be part of a successful, women-owned, certified-green, artisan-crafted gluten-free bakery in North Oakland.
Mariposa bakes and distributes delicious baked goods made in our dedicated gluten-free bakery. We are looking for a Café Manager who has an interest in health and nutrition and who has a personal connection to the gluten-free community.
If you want to be part of an enthusiastic, creative work community, join us at Mariposa!
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Set goals for retail team and model a positive teamwork environment
• Work well under pressure during the peak season of November/December
• Manage workflow to keep orders organized and going out in the order they came in
• Maintain a positive attitude to support both a positive customer service experience and to keep team members motivated. Hold team members accountable for the customer experience they provide.
• Work alongside team members on the floor to support team members and to constantly review the store environment to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement. Help increase sales and showcase seasonal offerings.
• Manage to Mariposa’s Quality Standards. Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge of the gluten-free allergen market.
• Delegate and communicate responsibilities to team members to keep the bakeshop clean and operating smoothly. Create an opening and closing checklists for team members.
• Develop and support team members to achieve their goals at Mariposa.
• Hire and train new team members on processes in the Bakeshop, including cake writing, culinary and sandwich prep, pulling orders, helping customers, … etc. Create weekly schedules. Treat all employees fairly and equally.
• Ensure food quality and food safety. Maintain high sanitation and quality control standards especially in this COVID environment.
• Operate café within budget and labor ratio guidelines.
This position requires previous experience in management:
• Managerial experience in the food and beverage industry 2-4 years
• Supervision – 1-2 years
• Customer service experience in a café or restaurant environment – 1-2 years
• ServSafe Manager Certificate
We are looking for these skills:
• Experience generating financial reports from Square POS system
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
• Ability to use various software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Google Docs, Square, Shopify
• Demonstrated experience at building community relationships
• Ability to manage bakeshop operations independently
• Ability to train and document training of team members
• Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
• Ability to manage resources effectively and ensure service levels are achieved at all times
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Team building skills
• Leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor team members
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload
• Ability to handle and keep confidential sensitive information
MARIPOSA QUALITY STANDARDS
This position manages according to our quality standards of:
1 - Safety - We value the safety of our employees, our guests and our products.
2 - Courtesy – Customers and employees deserve to be treated with courtesy and respect.
3 - Quality - We aim to be the gold standard of gluten-free. We strive to put quality into all we do.
4 - Sustainability - We evolve. We change. We keep things fresh and innovative.
Weekends are the busiest time in the bakery. The schedule for this position is Full-Time, 40hr workweek Tuesday-Saturday, 9-5:30pm. Times may vary depending on business needs. Time off is not permitted during November and December and the Manager must be present during those critical holiday months.
Our start was simple. Patti Furey Crane, Mariposa's founder, craved high-quality sweets while pregnant with her first child. Finding few options at the time, she set to baking them herself. And so, in 2004, Mariposa was hatched. Mariposa's mission – create wholesome, hand-crafted food using the finest natural ingredients.
We have a passion for – the baked goods we make, the creative journey we’re on, and the communities we serve. Thank you for being a part of our story…
Culture & Perks