• We are a 2,600-sq./ft. large loft building with 20ft high ceiling. With 6-8 employees that translates to 325 sq./ft. per employee.
• We have over 6ft between work stations and plexi glass dividers.
• We leave one door open and ceiling exhaust for increased ventilation.
• Occasionally we work in person with our Artisan/Vendors, but masks are required.
• Masks and Hand Sanitizers provided at multiple locations in the office.
• Cleaning products/Antibacterial solutions are at the ready.
At Tokens & Icons, we create high quality gifts that tell stories. Each product is crafted from authenticated materials and artifacts, encompassing historic icons such as vintage US coins, and sports materials such as Game Used baseballs, footballs, and hockey sticks from the MLB, NFL, and NHL. Some of our other licensed product lines include the New York MTA, Pan Am, and the PGA Tour. We sell primarily wholesale to museums, gift shops, and catalogs across the country, and we also sell directly through our own retail website: tokens-icons.com
Who we are looking for:
- A positive, "can do" attitude; You enjoy a variety of challenges, and have a desire to learn and take initiative
- You have a keen eye for detail, and have the ability to carefully proof your work
- You are able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- You are an effective and empathetic communicator with great writing skills
- Computer literacy with Apple Systems including Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in shipping is helpful, but we are willing to train the right person
- Entering orders, picking, shipping and invoicing
- A/R bookkeeping
- Maintain office in an organized fashion (includes taking out garbage)
- Log in returns and send replacements
- Maintain Existing and prospective customer data files
- Phone customer service (once 90% fluent with Collection)
- And any other duties as assigned
What we offer:
We are a small, close knit, and supportive team with a collaborative open office in which you will have exposure to all aspects of the company. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in learning how a small wholesale business operates. Our office is located in a quiet West Berkeley neighborhood near University and 6th street.
Benefits After 90 days:
- 50% of Company Medical Plan Premium Paid
- Paid vacation and Holidays (including Birthday and Hiring Anniversary)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Due to Trade Shows/in-person presentations, we do have an appearance policy (no facial jewelry or visible tattoos)
Hours: Full time 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday-Friday; There are periods of high volume before Trade Shows, and during the Holiday season
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter.
Helpful to include:
- How your past experiences will benefit you in executing the required responsibilities
- Long term goals are and how you think this position can help you achieve them
- Salary expectations/needs
Tokens & Icons has been turning authentic, nostalgic artifacts into functional gifts for more than 20 years. The company was founded upon becoming one of the first licensees of the New York City MTA with whom we continue to create cuff links that feature the iconic retired NY Subway tokens. Soon Chicago approached us to do the same for them, and, before long, the Boston and the San Francisco Transit Authorities were under license and furnishing us with their tokens for products. Thus the process of acquiring authentic artifacts and featuring them in classic designs of functional gifts has become our sweet spot. From authentic vintage typewriter keys to Pan Am fuselage to Buffalo Nickels to watch movements from the early 20th century, Tokens & Icons aims to bring a new life and purpose to the memorable everyday objects of our past.
Culture & Perks