At Tokens & Icons, we create high quality gifts that tell stories. Each product is crafted from authenticated materials and artifacts, encompassing historic icons such as vintage US coins, and sports materials such as Game Used baseballs, footballs, and hockey sticks from MLB, NFL, and NHL. Some of our other licensed product lines include the New York MTA, Pan Am, and the PGA TOUR. We sell primarily wholesale to museums, gift shops, and catalogs across the country, and we maintain our own retail website: tokens-icons.com
Who we are looking for:
- A positive, "can do" attitude; you enjoy a variety of challenges, and have a desire to learn and take initiative
- You have a keen eye for detail, and have the ability to carefully proof your work
- You are able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- You are an effective and empathetic communicator with writing skills
- Computer literacy with Apple Systems and Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in shipping is helpful, but we are willing to train the right person
- Assisting on entering, picking and shipping orders
- Maintain office in an organized fashion (includes taking out garbage)
What we offer:
We value teamwork and a supportive learning environment. We offer a collaborative open office in which you will have exposure to all aspects of the company. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in learning how a small wholesale business works. Our office is located in a quiet West Berkeley neighborhood near University and 6th Street.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Office Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM Monday-Friday. This position is for a part time opening with the possibility of becoming full-time. Looking for assistance primarily in the morning/early day.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter.
Helpful to include:
- How your past experiences will benefit you in executing the required responsibilities
- Long term goals are and how you think this position can help you achieve them
- Salary expectations/needs
Tokens & Icons has been turning authentic, nostalgic artifacts into functional gifts for more than 20 years. The company was founded upon becoming one of the first licensees of the New York City MTA with whom we continue to create cuff links that feature the iconic retired NY Subway tokens. Soon Chicago approached us to do the same for them, and, before long, the Boston and the San Francisco Transit Authorities were under license and furnishing us with their tokens for products. Thus the process of acquiring authentic artifacts and featuring them in classic designs of functional gifts has become our sweet spot. From authentic vintage typewriter keys to Pan Am fuselage to Buffalo Nickels to watch movements from the early 20th century, Tokens & Icons aims to bring a new life and purpose to the memorable everyday objects of our past.
Culture & Perks