The Golden Rain Foundation is recruiting for part-time on call pool monitors to work at our 3 beautiful pool complexes located in the gated residential community of Rossmoor, Walnut Creek. The primary duties include checking in pool patrons, ensuring the safety of all pool guests by enforcing all pool rules. This is a year-round, part-time, on-call position with varying seasonal, flexible, scheduled work hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under supervision, this position:
• Check residents and guests in at the entrance of each of the pools.
• Follow and enforce all pool safety regulations including social distancing and the wearing of masks when out of the water.
• Maintain safety and well-being of all swimming pool patrons.
• Assist with disinfecting high touch areas between swim sessions
• Effective communications skills, as exemplified in previous work or comparable activities;
• A true team player with the ability to interact appropriately with senior residents, visitors, and guests;
• Ability to stay calm and act with professionalism and confidence in any given situation;
• Previous experience working at swimming pools or other recreational aquatic activity environments a plus;
• Preferred candidates will have experience working with senior citizens and in similar, service oriented roles.
Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment;
Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
A High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY- RELOCATION NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Rossmoor is a gated nationally recognized and award-winning active senior adult community located in the picturesque 1,800-acre Tice Valley area of Walnut Creek, California. Rossmoor offers great views, lush open space and pristine neighborhoods.
At least one resident must be 55 years of age or older to live in Rossmoor.
Rossmoor has 24-hour security, with a security staff that monitors the front gate and patrols the community, responding to emergency and non-emergency requests. Rossmoor also has its own bus service that takes residents throughout the community, to nearby shopping areas and to BART.
Development of the community began in 1963, and today there are approximately 6,700 residential units, ranging from co-ops, to condos, single-family homes and congregate living. Homes vary in price from around $200,000 – plus for co-ops, to around $450,000 to $700,000 for condos and $800,000 to over $1 million for the single-family homes and garden-style condominiums. Local real estate companies handle the sales of Rossmoor homes.
Rossmoor offers excellent recreational facilities including 27 holes of NCGA-rated golf on an 18-hole and 9-hole course with practice areas and a driving range. There are three community swimming facilities, a full-service fitness center, 10 outdoor tennis courts, lawn bowling greens, bocce courts, billiards, and a state-of-the-art table tennis facility and a dog park with artificial grass and paved areas for socializing. In addition, Rossmoor is surrounded by miles of beautiful hiking trails.
Rossmoor residents participate in an abundance of activities, including concerts, dances and classes covering art to literature. The community has five clubhouses and a large event center for major theatrical productions, a movie theater, a full-service restaurant and bar, a computer information center, hobby and craft rooms, picnic grounds, meeting rooms and a social center.
In addition to programs provided by the community Recreation Department, which include trips and entertainment, Rossmoor has more than 200 clubs and organizations that offer numerous events and activities.
Culture & Perks