Colibrí Preschool, a Spanish Immersion Preschool, is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Teacher!
We are a preschool in the Oakland/Piedmont area looking for a teacher to join our dynamic and innovative team.
POSITION: Teacher for 2-3-year-old children
WORK HOURS: Full Time, Monday - Friday
SALARY: Non-exempt, depending on qualifications/experience
• Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth
• Create a fun and safe learning environment
• Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate physical activity, rest, and playtime
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
• Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
• Maintain the health and safety of all students
• Must have at least 12 ECE units and core ECE classes
• Must be a native Spanish speaker
• Experience in childcare or teaching preschool aged children.
• Nurturing and loving attitude is essential;
• Bachelor’s degree from home country is a plus.
• Passionate about working with children
• Ability to build rapport with children
• Positive and patient demeanor
• TB test and CPR Certified
• All applicants will be fingerprinted and need to be able to work legally.
Please contact us about this wonderful opportunity to teach and inspire young children.
Colibrí is a Spanish Immersion Preschool in Oakland, CA founded by two teachers, Maribel & Juliana, who wanted to share the love for their Latin American language and culture with the children and families of our community.
Colibri Preschool promotes an environment where children become independent, confident, lifelong learners with a strong sense of self. We proudly offer a positive, child-centered preschool experience that fosters a love of learning in a nurturing community.
Culture & Perks