The Production Supervisor works with the Operations Manager to oversee our production team in our Albany shop. The Production Supervisor is a “player-coach” who will spend around 75% of their time working with their team on production.
The production team is responsible for packaging bulk spices into bags, jars, kits and gift boxes for sale at our stores and online. We believe teamwork and a natural desire to be of service are two of the cornerstones of our success. We want people to feel great working here, so we need a capable and culture-driven leader to help us accomplish this goal. The Production Supervisor is dedicated to our goals of nurturing a diverse, equitable, inclusive workplace for all. You’ll ensure that preparation and packaging of spices goes smoothly and efficiently by monitoring employees and organizing workflows. You’ll partner with the Operations Manager to build effective and efficient production processes.
The Production Supervisor would work during the night shift from 3:30 pm - 12 am (midnight), five days a week.
KEY DUTIES (may include, but are not limited to):
- Create a culture of trust and hard work where no problem is unsolvable and people feel proud every day of what they’ve accomplished.
- Delegate assignments to Production Associates on a daily basis, assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Retail team as needed on ongoing production projects.
- Celebrate the diversity of the team and customers and actively work to create a more inclusive and equitable workplace
- Participate in production tasks along with the team.
- Inspect progress of Production Associates’ assignments daily.
- Train new Production Associates and seasonal Production Associates.
- Ensure products are properly packed and shipped in a timely manner.
- Ensure Production Associates perform inspections for each production run in accordance with quality control standards and order requirements.
- Ensure complete documentation of production runs on appropriate paperwork as required.
- Report equipment malfunctions to appropriate individuals, and complete minor repairs as needed.
- Ensure materials required for production are available, and order materials as needed.
- Manage personnel related matters of Production Associates as needed.
- Enforce safety practices, including food safety, health, COVID-19 precautions, and occupational safety.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school degree or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to develop and motivate a team
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work weekends, evenings and holidays and adhere to a blackout period from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve issues in the moment
- Embraces a culture of learning and advocacy
- Practices anti-racism
- Ability to use a computer and a digital scale with accuracy
- Familiarity with units of weight and measurement
- Food-related work experience
- Experience as a production supervisor
- Passion for food and cooking
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours
- Ability to distinguish different tastes, colors and smells