Account Associate – Family Philanthropy
Give2Asia is a US public charity that promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia. Our mission is to strengthen communities in Asia by making overseas giving easier and more effective. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than $350 million of charitable grants across 23 countries. We are based in Oakland, California with offices in Beijing and in-country experts across the Asia-Pacific region.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Account Associate is responsible for supporting donor stewardship activities, with an emphasis on Give2Asia’s family and individual donors. Primary responsibilities include providing wide-ranging assistance to VP of Family Philanthropy who manage relationships with Give2Asia’s donors and serving as a center of knowledge around Give2Asia’s best practices in stewardship. The Account Associate must demonstrate attention to details, strong communication skills, and a strong ability to organize data and conduct research; as well as a commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Asia.
The Account Associate will support the stewardship of major family donors, under the oversight of the VP of Family Philanthropy who manages the relationships with those particular donors. The Account Associate will be responsible for the following:
Stewardship of major clients
· Ensure that grants are made and reported on accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner
· Maintain grant making data on Salesforce and Box database. Enter grant information into Salesforce database at the proposal and reporting stage; ensure information is kept up to date; keep manager updated on progress and issues that arise
· Review grant proposals and reports and seek clarification from the field, as needed
· Maintain communication with country advisors and grantees across Asia
· Design and produce high-level, as well as, detailed stewardship material, grant making analyses, portfolio reports, and other documents adapted to the unique needs of each client
· Help manager respond to special requests from donors, as needed
· Write and edit proposals from nonprofit organizations in Asia, donor reports, case studies and other grant-related documents
· Keep manager informed of current events and developments related to and of interest to Give2Asia’s major clients
· Conduct research on potential new donors, partners, grantees and/or fields of interest · Provide other research or content on current clients and grantees as requested by Business Development and Marketing staff
· Optimize database use for client stewardship; other database management and data entry, as requested
· Orient and train interns
· Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
· Additional tasks, as required
· Bachelor’s degree with minimum 1-3 years of professional experience
· Excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills
· Attentive to details and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
· Proven track record with organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and be flexible
· Entrepreneurial and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to communicate cross-culturally with communities in Asia
· Work or life experience in Asia preferred
· Mandarin proficiency preferred
· Interest in philanthropy and civil society development in Asia preferred
· Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, including presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint); Experience with grant making and database applications strongly preferred (e.g. Salesforce)
BENEFITS AND CULTURE
This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA.
Note: we are currently working from home full-time to keep staff safe during the pandemic.
Give2Asia offers generous benefits for full-time, US-based employees, including:
Lots of companies talk about work-life balance. We live it!
Give2Asia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit social enterprise that makes international grantmaking safe, effective, and impactful. Since its founding in 2001, Give2Asia has raised more than $300 million in gifts and donations from corporate, foundation, and individual donors for 1,500 community partners in Asia. Give2Asia has demonstrated its ability to serve the needs of international philanthropy with its extensive on-the-ground network, knowledge of diverse social and economic conditions, and expert matching of donor interests with innovative and effective charitable groups. For more information, please visit: www.give2asia.org.
Lots of companies talk about work-life balance. We live it! Work from home 2 days/week (pending manager approval) 3 weeks of paid vacation + holidays Flexible work hours to accommodate family and personal obligations
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks