About BACA: Bay Area Clinical Associates, P.C. (BACA) is a physician-owned and operated organization offering evidence-based mental health services to youth aged 26 and younger and their families in the San Francisco Bay Area. BACA currently offers outpatient and intensive outpatient services in San Jose, Berkeley and Menlo Park and has plans to extend throughout all of California.
As a mental health care agency, we are looking for a dedicated person who enjoys helping others. Our mission is to set a new standard in providing evidence-based, multidisciplinary, integrated care. BACA is a fun, friendly place to work and we go on a first name basis for patients and staff. We strive to provide all therapy and medication services and collaborate with schools and other providers involved with our patients’ care. We do treat adults, but only the parents of the children we treat.
Financial Counselor I Position Description:
- Working directly with the insurance company and patients to verify coverage and ensure the patient understands their benefits
- Acts as an on-site resource for patients, guarantors, families, providers and staff to help them better understand and verify insurance coverage, costs, payment plan options, eligibility and benefits
- Work directly with patients/guarantors on gathering insurance information by telephone or face-to-face at the time of service, when the information gathered prior is not correct
- If insurance coverage is not available or found to be “out-of-network” the financial counselor will provide cost of care estimates and discuss financial arrangements
- Answers inquiries regarding insurance, insurance changes and is able to communicate clearly with all patients and staff/departments regarding billing functions. Ability to review accounts receivable information and follow-up accordingly with the appropriate department and staff members for resolution in a collaborative manner
- Obtaining, managing and tracking single case agreements and insurance authorizations
- Answering patient questions about the financial hardship application and assist in completing the financial application
- Create clinic’s daily copay sheet
- Discussing OON benefits with patients for outpatient and IOP
- Provides clear, concise, accurate financial information in a respectful, courteous and compassionate manner
- Performing other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Provide support to the finance director and operations director
- Must have car, valid driver’s license and car insurance to commute to other clinic locations
- Requires a high school diploma
- Requires 3 or more years of prior patient accounts experience working with insurance companies and patients on benefits and claims resolution
- 2 year Associate's or Bachelor’s degree preferred in accounting or related field or equivalent work experience; requires keyboarding and basic math skills.
- Working knowledge of health insurance eligibility, benefits and claims processing
- Must have strong computer skills using Google drive and the Google Suite
- Working knowledge of Revenue Codes, CPT/HCPCS codes and Diagnosis codes
- Health, dental, life, vision, long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation