Must work Saturdays
● Complete food handlers certificate
● Current California Driver’s License in good standing with a personally owned and insured vehicle to drive on work related business
● Passionate working with community
● Ability to engage a diverse community for social justice.
● Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
● Strong organizational and communications skills.
● Bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish
● Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
● Strong computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to pass a background check
Nuestra Casa is a community education organization dedicated to increasing civic participation and promoting economic self-sustainability of the Latino immigrant population of East Palo Alto and the area served by the Ravenswood City School District
Embracing popular education values and practices, we develop local leadership in order to foster changes for the betterment of the community’s integral economic and social well-being. A cornerstone of our work is the recognition that the growth of families’ knowledge is intrinsically linked to developing community power.
Nuestra Casa works to advocate and promote the development of Latino immigrant communities from different social sectors—from recent immigrants just initiating their cultural transition to California’ society to those who have successfully established themselves. We endeavor to create projects that address our residents’ needs and desires, as well as the challenges they face in the fulfillment of their aspirations.
As a voice representing the community, Nuestra Casa seeks to guarantee its political participation in various spheres. We believe that the community is the essence and bastion of our work, and thus seek to nurture its unification and strength, guiding it toward self-sufficiency, educational success and democratic participation.