Zachary’s Chicago Pizza - 100% Employee Owned Company
Born in Oakland, Bay Area grown
WE ARE HIRING KITCHEN CREW AT OUR COLLEGE/SOLANO and GRAND AVE LOCATIONS!!!
•Kitchen Crew Duties Include: Pizza Making, Pizza Prep, and Dish Washing
Kitchen positions are entry-level.
All positions are part-time, non-exempt.
Gain valuable experience making the Bay Area's best pizza while working in a fun, fast-paced environment!
What is in it for you:
• Competitive pay + tips and opportunity for raises (Starting Rate $17/hr)
• Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) - You can become an employee owner too!
• Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (After 1 year of employment)
• 401(k) (After 1 year of employment)
• Paid meal breaks
• Free employee meals while working
• Awesome pizza discounts for dine in and take out
• Ability to work 3-5 shifts a week
• Fun, family oriented environment
• Chance to work with and make the Bay Area’s best pizza
• Community involvement such as local events, fundraisers, volunteering opportunities
• Growth potential
A little bit about us:
• Opened our original location in Oakland,CA, in 1983.
• We now have locations in Oakland, Berkeley, Pleasant Hill, San Ramon, with more coming soon!
• We have a diverse and talented group of dedicated employees.
• Great employee retention, 30 of our pizza makers have over 10 years of Zachary’s pizza making experience. 17 of them have been making Zachary’s pies for over 20 years!
• All managers have been promoted from within, there are opportunities for growth!
• Award-winning pizza! (Over 200 Best Pizza awards, but who's counting?)
If you are interested in joining the Zachary’s team, please submit an application. You can also stop by and fill out a paper application in person.
Zachary's Pizza is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Zach Zachowski and Barbara Gabel both grew up in small towns in Wisconsin. They spent several years in Chicago and in that time developed a love for Chicago style “deep dish” pizza. In 1983, they found themselves in the San Francisco Bay Area with the dream of opening their own Chicago pizza restaurant with a California twist. The search for a location began.
In their search, they came across a funky little lampshade shop in the Rockridge neighborhood of Oakland. As luck would have it, the lampshade shop owner was ready to retire, and soon a vision became reality. After much planning and a lot of jack-hammering, Zachary’s on College opened its doors for business on July 25, 1983.
Business took off immediately and soon the 900 square foot restaurant with only 30 seats was simply too small. Just over a year later, Zach and Barbara opened a second restaurant on Solano Avenue in nearby Berkeley to meet the growing demand.
In 2003, after 20 successful years in the pizza business, Zach and Barbara decided it was time to retire. Instead of selling the company to a third party buyer, they decided to sell the company to their dedicated and experienced crew. Not only did this decision reward long-term Zachary’s employees, but it helped to preserve the founders’ vision and maintain the Zachary’s culture going forward.
Together with Zach and Barbara, the employee owners opened Zachary’s San Ramon in September of 2006. Zachary’s reached a significant milestone when we became 100% employee owned in 2010.
2013 was also a year of milestones for Zachary’s. We opened Zachary’s Pleasant Hill in February and celebrated our 30th anniversary in July. We have now won over 200 Best Pizza awards. We are honored, proud and humbled by all of the support.