Paulista is a Brazilian restaurant, cafe, and craft beer taproom on Park Blvd. in the Glenview District of Oakland. We are a gathering place for the local neighborhood and beyond where our customers are made to feel at home through a combination of great food, great beer and wine, outstanding service, and an authentic sense of community.
We are looking for full and/or part time employees.
Front of House Team members, along with other employees, are expected to help create a highly enjoyable experience for our customers through authentically friendly, engaged, and responsive service.
As a Front of House Team member, you will be the first person interacting with customers when they enter Paulista and you will play a major role in our customers’ impressions of the restaurant when they enter. You will be responsible for taking orders through our POS system and delivering food to customers, as well as a number of other responsibilities which are detailed below.
**DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take customer orders.
- Operate Square POS system.
- Pour coffee, and other drinks.
- Make acai bowls, and fresh juices.
- Deliver food to customers.
- Bus tables as needed.
- Clean tables as needed.
- Know how to use an espresso machine, or be willing to learn.
- Apply all guidelines for responsible alcohol service.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices
- Follow checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Keep work area clean
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have as complete a knowledge as possible of the food being served.
- Be able to pronounce the names of food items correctly.
- Have as complete a knowledge as possible of the beer and wine being served.
- Effectively communicate the current food, beer and wine menu to customers.
- Constantly work to increase knowledge, including attending trainings and meetings put on by management.
Effective Team Member Skills
- Be flexible with scheduling and assist as needed with ensuring all shifts are appropriately staffed.
- Pitch in when other team members need support.
- Prior restaurant experience a plus.
- Have basic math skills and the ability to handle money.
- Have or be able to obtain a food handler's card and training on alcohol service.
- Have working knowledge of beer and wine.
- Have strong knowledge and enforcement of ABC laws.
- Be aware of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Be able to work in crowded and confined spaces.
- Be able to appropriately represent Paulista at all times while working in a fast paced, stressful environment
Paulista is a new restaurant and craft beer taproom whose goal is to become an all-day hub for Oaklanders to eat great food, drink great beer and wine, meet, work, laugh and relax. In short, we are a family-friendly community gathering place for people of all kinds, doing all kinds of things, from morning until night.