Food Service Worker (Portola Valley, CA) Full-Time
Nestled in the forest of Portola Valley, [5 miles from Highway 280 / Palo Alto] is an award-winning senior community that is seeking an energetic team player to be part of a dynamic group of people focused on providing exceptional care.
You must be energetic, kind and caring; willing to offer personalized service to each of the residents you serve. We are looking for team players who can adapt, and change based on the needs of the department.
To succeed as a Server at Sequoias Portola Valley, you must have excellent verbal communications skills, the ability to provide excellent service while serving meals and preparing the dining room for each meal. You will really enjoy this position if you love serving seniors.
Food Server Responsibilities:
• Prepares dining room for meal service, setting tables with precision
• Provides friendly and efficient service to residents during meals, serving and assisting with tray line
• Serve meals in a professional manner
• Assists residents with any special needs they might have related to their dining experience
• May deliver trays to those dining in their apartments
• Pays attention to the needs of the residents and offers additional beverages and menu items.
• Busses dishes from dining room after meals
• Maintains food stocks and dishware inventory at service stations
• Clean equipment, carts, tables and other areas
• Bring some fun and energy to work every day!
Food Server Requirements:
• Proficient in English, verbal and written
• Ability to relate with dignity to the elderly, listen well and engage.
• Experience providing excellent customer service
• Be observant, stepping in to help coworkers where needed
Highly Attractive Benefits Package:
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 403 Profit Sharing Program
Come join our team and be a part of a vibrant community of dedicated professionals offering excellent service to our residents.
Our goal is to offer the older adults we serve the ability to access programs and services available in the community. Sequoia Living works closely with many other non-profit agencies in the Bay Area. Activities and educational programs are provided to our Continuing Care Retirement Community residents by these community organizations. Affordable housing residents can choose to participate in a low-cost meal program and a health/education program that connects them with local services.
In 2005, Sequoia Living embarked on substantial capital improvement projects at its facilities, which continue today. These upgrades and renovations will preserve the buildings we own and keep them attractive for future residents.
We operate our residential communities as efficiently as possible, managing the human and financial resources available. Funds raised by Senior Services for Northern California (SSNC) are invested wisely by professional advisors who are guided by our Board of Trustees. Foundation gifts and grants support programs, services and projects designed to improve the quality of life for Northern California residents and older adults.
To learn more, please review our current Annual Report for additional information about Sequoia Living and our various communities, services and financial statements.