The Multicultural Center of Marin, an established and growing grassroots community empowerment organization in San Rafael, CA, seeks a reliable and well-organized Office Manager. The Multicultural Center of Marin works with immigrants and low-income families of Marin County to advance their social, cultural and economic well-being through self-empowerment programs that encourage participation in the broader civic life of US society. Our programs promote leadership, economic development, and social, restorative and environmental justice.
Reporting to the Director of Organizational Development, the Office Manager will be responsible for the seamless operation of office systems, including electronic and paper records, IT systems, and daily communications.
Organize office operations and procedures
• Implement and maintain a new Customer Relationship Management database to track and communicate with donors, grantors, volunteers, program participants and community members (for example Salsa)
• Organize and maintain shared computer files
• Organize and maintain paper files
• Coordinate Executive Director’s calendar, staff schedules, and meetings
• Maintain and troubleshoot IT system, including train staff in using their accounts, ensure proper functioning, and liaise with the IT Consultant
• Assist with onboarding new staff
• Maintain staff records
• Prepare payroll
• Assist with coordinating volunteers
• Assist with creating and maintaining personnel policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain internal and external communication systems
• Prepare written communications such as emails and thank you letters
• Assist with handling Executive Director’s emails and phone messages
• Answer the office phone and greet visitors
• Translate writing documents (English/Spanish)
• At least two years of experience as an administrative assistant or other office management role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Experience creating and/or maintaining systems such as databases, spreadsheets, and digital and paper filing systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot minor IT issues
• Interest and ability to become expert in applications such as WordPress, MailChimp, and a Customer Relationship Management database
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time management and attention to detail
• Commitment to social equity
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until position is filled.
The Multicultural Center of Marin works with diverse immigrant and underserved communities of Marin County in advancing their social, cultural, and economic well-being through self-empowerment programs that encourage participation in the broader civic life of U.S. society.