ESSENTIAL OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Clean and disinfect cat cages, floors, walls, hallways, isolation and treatment areas, and restrooms according to Nine Lives' cleaning protocols.
• Provide adequate dry food for cats based on the dietary needs of cats prescribed by veterinary staff.
• Provide all cats with fresh water, sand and towels, blankets, beds.
• Make sure public areas are cleaned before facilities open for the day.
• Clean and disinfect clothing, dishes, and litter boxes.
• Replenish animal care and cleaning products (eg, food, garbage, etc.) and immediately report supply needs to the supervisor
• Guarantee the safety, disinfection, organization and maintenance of public areas, workspaces, animal areas and storage areas.
• Treat cats humanely when doing your job.
• Be mindful of the welfare of all cats while doing their job and immediately inform staff of any potential health problems.
• Strong work and entrepreneurial ethic
• Not be allergic to cats.
• You like cats and feel comfortable being close to them.
• Be committed to providing a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for cats.
• Follow regular care and cleaning to ensure safety and well-being for cats.
• Being punctual and consistent in your attendance is very important.
• Have the ability to follow directions.
• Have the ability to work with staff and volunteers.
• Have the ability to frequently bend, stretch, kneel, walk, and stand while performing work functions.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Previous experience in animal care and / or cleaning preferred
• Eligible for employment in the US UU.
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
• $ 15.50 per hour
Contact Nine Lives by phone at (650) 368-1365 or email
The Nine Lives Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that operates two facilities in Redwood City: a cat adoption center and a low-cost cat clinic. We are an energetic and motivated group of volunteers and staff passionate about the well-being of cats. For more information, visit our website