San Leandro Education Foundation (SLED) is an independent not-for-profit 501(c)(3)organization founded in 2008 dedicated to raising resources and improving the lives andeducation of children in the San Leandro Unified School District. We believe that strong publicschools are essential to our quality of life and the future well-being of our city. SLED’s role isto serve as a bridge for those in the community who want to invest in our children and schoolsand the future of the San Leandro community by providing opportunities and mechanisms toleverage valuable resources where they are needed the most.
Board of Directors
The Executive Director is responsible for the planning and administration of SLED programs;driving the organization’s strategic plan; and coordinating marketing, fundraising andoutreach activities to further the mission of the organization. In addition, the ExecutiveDirector is responsible for managing SLED organizational operations, including providingreports and financial data to the Board of Directors. As a whole, the Executive Director isresponsible for representing SLED in the community.
Board Governance and Relations
● Partner with board President in planning the agenda and materials for board meetings, schedule facility for and send notification of upcoming meetings
● Support Board of Directors in meeting the organizational mission.
● Initiate and assist in developing policy recommendations and in setting priorities
● Initiate and assist in development and implementation of SLED’s strategic plan and annual goals
● Facilitate recruiting and orientation of new board members
● Assist with staffing board committees as appropriate
● Manage the organization budget.
● Responsible for expanding the philanthropic support for the organization through identification and cultivation of foundations, businesses, and individuals
● Planning and coordination of annual fundraising events and activities
● Responsible for fiscal integrity and communication of spending to the board
● Manage contract grant writing and grant reporting
● Work with Treasurer, ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
● Monitor donation receipt and send reminders as needed
● Ensure completion of the administrative tasks required to carry out SLED’s mission and objectives
● Raise public awareness of SLED through a variety of methods
● Embody our Mission, Vision, and the Values of the organization
● Responsible for hiring, supervision, and retention of motivated, qualified staff
● Develop and administer operational policies
● Provide information for evaluation of the organization’s activities Programs
● Coordinate, cultivate and maintain a working relationship with the San Leandro Unified School District
● Oversee all organizational programs, ensuring programmatic objectives are established and met or exceeded
● Serve as chief liaison with specific community groups to promote awareness of programs and results
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● Public education or school district organization
● Familiar with and comfortable with San Leandro’s diverse community
● Donor relations and understanding of the funding community
● Google Docs, database usage and management, social media management
● Marketing technology tools such as Salesforce and MailChimp preferred
● Effective managerial and administrative strategies
● Cross-cultural competency
● Management of volunteers
● Be passionate about enhancing the educational experience for all students in the San Leandro Unified School District
● Hands-on leader and success in similarly-sized non-profit or philanthropic organizations.
● Prioritize and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies
● Effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
● Be a confident spokesperson with strong verbal and written skills
● High level strategic thinking and planning with ability to envision and successfully convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors
● Convert stakeholders into donors
● Actively fundraise with demonstrated results
● Employ solid organizational skills, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
● Work with business, community and public entities
● Be self motivated and work independently
● Work for a Board of Directors
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience in public or non-profit administration including with financial, non-profit management, fundraising, public relations, communications and marketing, public education or school volunteer programs.
Valid CA drivers license, current automobile insurance, and willingness and ability to use own vehicle for SLED purposes. Frequent district-wide travel necessary. Must be able to pass fingerprinting and TB testing requirements as a volunteer with San Leandro Unified School District.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by the Executive Director to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office setting or from a home office, and by travelling to school sites and businesses. Some evening, weekend, and travel are required.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard and stuffing envelopes; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Position is currently budgeted as .75-1.0 FTE including medical benefits, 401(k) with match, and paid time off. Salary dependent on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
San Leandro Education Foundation does not discriminate in the hiring of employees based on their gender, race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any classification protected by applicable state or federal discrimination laws.
E-mail : resume, cover letter and three professional references.
Hiring process may take 6-12 weeks. No inquiries or phone calls please. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2020 at 5 p.m. Position is open until filled.
The San Leandro Education Foundation (SLED) is an independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to raising resources and improving the lives and education of children in the San Leandro USD.
Founded in 2008, SLED is at a pivotal point as it seeks to grow as an organization and take key initiatives to scale across the district. We are a community-oriented organization that sees engaging the broader community as key to creating vibrant, thriving public schools. Please visit www.sledfund.orgto learn more.
SLED is a mission-driven organization. Our funding promotes equitable access to educational opportunities, and our programs help great kids grow into successful adults. While we are a small organization, we strive to have a significant impact!
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks