Position Summary: Plans, directs, and coordinates catered events for an establishment. Negotiates contracts, assists in the customization of menu items, schedules catering staff, arranges for facilities or equipment, and communicates customer needs to the appropriate personnel. Develops and maintains catering accounts by ensuring customer satisfaction before, during, and after the event.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works closely with and reports to Business Development Manager on new and existing accounts.
• Develop and expand TOW’s catering department by creating new business, clientele, and building relations with existing accounts.
· Identify and delegate responsibilities to select vendors and staff (if requested) to ensure objectives are met and excellent service is consistently achieved
• Manage operations with passion, integrity, and knowledge while promoting the culture and values of the TOW.
• Consistently review catering operations and staff to identify any problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
• Manage the catering services to meet or exceed standards in food quality, safety, cleanliness, and timeliness. Must work directly with food truck vendors to meet requirements.
• Solicit guest feedback to understand the needs and wants of customers
• Organize and monitor catering drop-off and on-site services
• Follow the TOW policies and procedures, including those for cash handing and safety/security
Market Manager: Part-time (anywhere from 3-8 weekly markets)
The Market Manager is the key to our day to day operations within any event. This person is responsible for transporting the event assets, setting up and preparing the space for guests, coordinating with our vendors, and being the hospitality presence for guests and vendors on site. Responsible for day of coordination, to ensure our markets are set up and taken down in addition to creating a memorable experience for everyone attending our events. You will be a face for TOW, creating a positive environment for your team and always striving to improve market performance.
The Market Manager will be the liaison between day to day operations and lead management. Through communication and the responsibility to make decisions in the moment, this role allows the opportunity to recognize opportunities and improve the overall market experience.
These markets will be CRUCIAL for building relations with food vendors and potential clients**
• Take ownership of the public market; must demonstrate hospitality, production, execution, client management, etc.
• Market Setup and Teardown -- unload/loading, setting up/ taking down tables/chairs, displays, garbage/recycling, electrical supply, ensuring location is spotless upon departure
• Food Truck Vendor Relations-- provide support as needed, ensure they are one of the family while helping to provide the best service to our customers
• Represent TOW -- greet, welcome and thank guests, provide information as needed, go the extra mile for guests; represent our brand with pride, role modeling our values, standards and foodie-passion, answer any questions they may have
• Safety Monitoring -- remove any obstacles and potential dangers, help keep areas clean and debris free
• Networking, collecting and relaying customer and vendor feedback, providing information on company; i.e. line ups and market schedules, catering contact info, website and social media handles.
• Reliable transportation to locations throughout the Bay Area
• Enthusiasm for people and food
• Available to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis – Catering specialist must be present at all booked catering events**
• Possess a supportive and can-do attitude
• Must collect and report all end of market numbers
Our mission is to provide you with a wide selection of “Good Eats” utilizing ingredients sourced both locally and globally.
Culture & Perks