Job Summary – Develop contracts for and oversee all administrative and operational aspects of preparing and selling events and catered parties. Work with banquet and other departments to assure that all the members’ and guests’ expectations are exceeded and the highest quality food and service are delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Helps member and non-member clients arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, golf tournaments, dances and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for guest planning.
* Works with the Executive Chef to determine selling prices, menus and other details for catered events; oversees the development of contracts; assures that pre-planned banquet menu offerings are current and reflect general member interest.
* Transmits necessary information to and coordinates event planning with production, serving and housekeeping staff; arranges for printing of menus, procuring of decorations, entertainment and other special requests.
* Inspects finished arrangements; may be present to oversee the actual greeting and servicing of guests
* Responsible for hands-on service work when needed and orchestrating events when necessary
* Maintains past and potential client files, schedules calls or visits to assess ongoing needs of prospective clients for catering services.
* Assists with completion of in-house BEOs.
* Obtains necessary permits for special events and functions.
* Critiques functions to determine future needs and to implement necessary changes for increased quality.
* Attends Food and Beverage meetings to review policies and procedures, future business and continually develop quality and image of banquet functions.
* Diagrams room layout, banquet item placement and related function details.
* Meets with other department managers to plan food and beverage aspects of special events organized by the staff members.
* Managers banquet billing and arranges prompt payment for all events.
* Updates weekly function information for all affected staff.
* Serves as liaison between kitchen, service and management staff.
* Maintains club’s master calendar and function book.
Skills and Abilities:
*Excellent communication, organizational, written, judgment and problem-solving skills
*Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
*Flexibility in regard to changing priorities or requests
*Strong attention to detail and consistent follow through
*Personable and have a can-do attitude
*Maintain proper standard of professional conduct
*Advanced MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills,
*Solid typing skills
*Minimum of two years of prior experience in Sales and Catering
*Re Serve experience a plus
Must be able to work on Saturdays and occasional Sundays.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
In the early 1900’s the lush rolling foothill expanse of Mt. Diablo became known as Blackhawk Ranch, where prized thoroughbreds graced the land for decades. Years later, this natural splendor inspired a vision of luxury living, and in 1979, a new Blackhawk was born. Today, as you enter the peaceful world of Blackhawk, you will drive past lush landscaping and luxurious homes to two magnificent golf courses and clubhouses: the Lakeside and the Falls, surrounded by acres of stunning open space. Sprawled out throughout the neighborhood of Blackhawk, we also offer 2 tennis facilities, totaling 18 tennis courts and 6 pickleball courts, a 10 lane competition swimming pool, and the only standalone fitness center in the area.
Blackhawk Country Club membership is limited and by sponsor only. Proprietary members have equity in the assets and property of the Club and enjoy reciprocal privileges at many private golf and country clubs. We have a variety of membership options to choose from, including Social, Swim & Fitness, Tennis & Golf Memberships.
Blackhawk Country Club is proudly recognized as a Distinguished Club, as determined by the annual Distinguished Clubs award program conducted by BoardRoom magazine, one of the most respected trade publications serving private clubs. For fine private clubs that operate at the highest standards, the Distinguished Clubs award program uses an extensive evaluation process that distills and measures a club's Member Experience. To be a Distinguished Club is to be one of a select group of private clubs that have been recognized as providing an absolutely excellent Member Experience, and Blackhawk Country Club is proud to hold this elite status.
As defined by Distinguished Clubs, "Member Experience" is that special combination of "Qualities" that a private club provides its members. It is not just the quality of service, or of the facilities, or of the product provided, it is also the quality of the staff and of the management, as well as the overall club governance they deliver. The most important quality, however, is the quality of the intangible. While difficult to measure, the latter is comprised of those magic moments experienced, the members befriended, the memorable events and famous tournaments attended, as well as the club traditions, history and heritage proudly recognized.
In 2019, Blackhawk Country Club also earned the designation as America's Healthiest Clubs, as determined by Prevo Health Solutions. Blackhawk Country Club's quantitative score places the Club in the top 5 of country clubs nationwide with this prestigious accreditation.
We invite you to visit Blackhawk Country Club. The ultimate social and recreational environment. An oasis where you belong.